Help with job with good pay.

Old Dec 21st 2015, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Tonyz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with job with good pay.

Hello all. I am a British teacher working in Karachi, Pakistan and I want to take my Pakistani wife back to England. The major problem is money. The exchange rate is 160 rupees to the pound. With my current salary I would need £36,500 to make up the shortfall in the financial requirements. That's over 5,000,000 (five million)rupees. Obviously the savings route is out.
Even the SS route will take ages to save up for, given the expenses I have inquired about. We have very little savings and the rate of saving up is very slow - a year or more just to get enough for flights and a month's stay in England - and that was without accommodation charges.
I am 59 so 60 next year. that's the retirement age in Pakistan, so I'll get a drop in income, if I am kept on, or I will be left without any means of earning at all. No benefits, pension, etc. My wife will,of course have hers, being a local.
I have to get a job somehow. I have been told by my own professionals in the UK that I am a has-been, in no uncertain terms. Out of date and out of touch - that sort of thing.
If any one knows of agencies that handle teachers returning to the UK, please let me know. Or jobs that are feasible for an old crusty like me anywhere, so I can make the amount to get my wife to the UK.
I 've started looking myself - I have been applying for jobs for two years with no success so far. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.