Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone sent in additional documents after the application is in progress?

Has anyone sent in additional documents after the application is in progress?

Old Sep 22nd 2018, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Matti1107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone sent in additional documents after the application is in progress?

We sent in our application for a spouse settlement visa in March. Documents received Sheffield 13th April. Received the "not straightforward email" at about 58WD. Now 112WD since documents received Sheffield.

Sent in some additional documents 20.09.18 to support the application by email attachments: bank statements, updated Land Registry certificate confirming property ownership, more utility bills, tax summary from HMRC for 1 year showing total income and tax paid.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so, what documents and what was the reply, result if any?
Old Sep 24th 2018, 11:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone sent in additional documents after the application is in progress

Anything dated after March should be disregarded so sending up to date documents won’t help.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Nazanin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone sent in additional documents after the application is in progress

Originally Posted by Matti1107
We sent in our application for a spouse settlement visa in March. Documents received Sheffield 13th April. Received the "not straightforward email" at about 58WD. Now 112WD since documents received Sheffield.

Sent in some additional documents 20.09.18 to support the application by email attachments: bank statements, updated Land Registry certificate confirming property ownership, more utility bills, tax summary from HMRC for 1 year showing total income and tax paid.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if so, what documents and what was the reply, result if any?
Did they ask for additional documents to be sent?
Old Sep 25th 2018, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

usawomantouk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I forgot my husband's bank statements in my application. Have you heard anything back? I sent my husband's today to see if they would accept them at all. My application was submitted on July 25th. I am so worried that I will get refused... I only forgot the bank statements. I thought the offer letter, letter of employment, contract and 12 months of pay slips would suffice.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by usawomantouk
Hello,

I forgot my husband's bank statements in my application. Have you heard anything back? I sent my husband's today to see if they would accept them at all. My application was submitted on July 25th. I am so worried that I will get refused... I only forgot the bank statements. I thought the offer letter, letter of employment, contract and 12 months of pay slips would suffice.
No I didn't get any confirmation that they had received my extra documents. Nothing at all. Sent to [email protected]. Both myself and my wife sent in the documents but they never replied. Also paid to send an email asking if they had received the additional documents. They replied saying "we can't tell you". Been waiting for 6 calendar months now since docs received in Sheffield.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

I am in the same exact situation! They just emailed me to send an email to that email address with my bank statements but I didn't receive any confirmation that it went through??? What country are you applying from??
Old Oct 8th 2018, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

I am in the same exact situation! They just emailed me to send an email to that email address with my bank statements but I didn't receive any confirmation that it went through??? What country are you applying from??
Hmmmmm, then maybe nobody gets confirmation of receipt. That's not good because they could refuse the visa and say that the documents were never received. We are applying from Manila, Philippines. How about you?
Old Oct 8th 2018, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nazanin
Did they ask for additional documents to be sent?
Yes
Old Oct 8th 2018, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Are you applying priority or non-priority? It looks like the case workers are trying to clear a backlog of priority applications at the moment. Apparently there's always long delays in processing over the summer months.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

My husband is my British sponsor and I'm from the United States. We applied non priority! Got the email last week on Friday (Documents received at Sheffield on July 25th, Biometrics on July 23rd) and then got the bank statements all gathered this weekend and then sent it in an email on Sunday. They gave us ten working days but I just sent another email with all the information again saying "Do I receive a confirmation email?" so at least it might go to the top of their email queue again?? I don't know.. now I am pretty nervous. Still no response.. I have looked up the email to see what others have said. Some say you get a confirmation, some say you don't.

We are at 11 weeks now. Yeah this is crazy! Married couples shouldn't be allowed to be apart for this long.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 10:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

11 weeks is nothing it you made a non-priority application.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
11 weeks is nothing it you made a non-priority application.
Yeah I know! I am lucky I got an email asking for more documents Hopefully everything goes well!
Old Oct 10th 2018, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

I just got a decision made email today... hopefully its positive
Old Oct 11th 2018, 9:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed, hope you hear soon.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, good luck! I hope it's positive....on Saturday we will have been waiting 26 weeks since documents received. If your application was processed in 11 weeks that's really quite fast at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.