Hanna2089’s questions about UK Passport renewal

Old Nov 24th 2021, 4:12 am
Just Joined

Hanna2089 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hanna2089’s questions about UK Passport renewal

Hi everyone

Renewing UK passport from overseas/ living in UK

any 2021 updates?? Has anyone gone through that process recently?

What kind of additional documents You might need to provide, ?
where is new passport going to be delivered - UK address or overseas?
What information you have to provide in regards with your “overseas “ location?

Thanks in advance for any information

Last edited by Hanna2089; Nov 24th 2021 at 4:23 am.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 5:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hanna2089’s questions about UK Passport renewal

Hi, welcome to BE.

You’d posted on a very old thread so your questions were likely to be overlooked, I’ve moved your post to a thread of its own.

Can you clarify though, you say living in the UK above but then ask about overseas renewals? So where are you currently?

HTH.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Thank you for help and guidance notes.

answering your question:

I am outside of UK at present, indeed. I have no immediate plans to return to UK . For personal reasons, staying indefinitely with my family, in Russia.
And according to www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
you can apply online as long you “ live in uk” ( next page)

am i right ?
I haven’t started With application yet. Just gone through first few pages . Still need to sort my photos out. So i am not sure what Information i might find out …

thanks in advance fir any suggestions

Last edited by Hanna2089; Nov 24th 2021 at 9:05 am.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 9:45 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You answer ‘No’ and select ‘Russia’ as the country in which you are living. Once you answer the remaining questions the site will give you the correct procedure for applying to renew your passport from Russia.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 9:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hanna2089
Thank you for help and guidance notes.

answering your question:

I am outside of UK at present, indeed. I have no immediate plans to return to UK . For personal reasons, staying indefinitely with my family, in Russia.
And according to www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
you can apply online as long you “ live in uk” ( next page)

am i right ?
I haven’t started With application yet. Just gone through first few pages . Still need to sort my photos out. So i am not sure what Information i might find out …

thanks in advance fir any suggestions
You don't have to be in the Uk to renew online. If you follow the instructions on the link you posted, it asks if you are in the UK - just say No and then follow the instructions. If its just an ordinary renewal they should just need your old passport, and of course they post to overseas addresses - as it says, its for Overseas Renewals Its pretty straightforward really

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 24th 2021 at 9:52 am.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you 🙏