Which form do I need for Spouse Visa?

Old May 24th 2017, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which form do I need for Spouse Visa?

Hello good afternoon, I'm just new to this site. I really need some information on which form should I fill in for the uk spouse visa. Is it settlement and then chooss wife or the EEA national. My husband is a british citizen. Hoping for your response. Thanks
Old May 24th 2017, 8:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: April 2016-17 fees announced

Originally Posted by diane1982
Hello good afternoon, I'm just new to this site. I really need some information on which form should I fill in for the uk spouse visa. Is it settlement and then chooss wife or the EEA national. My husband is a british citizen. Hoping for your response. Thanks
Which passport(s) do you hold?
Old May 24th 2017, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Philippine passport. I filled out 2 application, the first one is family eea national and then the other one is settlement-wife. I don't know which one, got confused.
Old May 25th 2017, 8:01 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Philippine passport. I filled out 2 application, the first one is family eea national and then the other one is settlement-wife. I don't know which one, got confused.
Unless you have been living together as a married couple in another EU/EEA country then you'll need the 'Settlement-Wife' application form. You'll also need to complete Appendix 2 to show you meet the financial requirements.
Old May 25th 2017, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Didn't live together. Just got married here in hongkong last May 2 this year. I went to UK twice in his plac before we got married. So it's not settlement then? Should i proceed with the family of eea national? I hope you will reply. Thank you
Old May 25th 2017, 8:27 pm

Didn't live together. Just got married here in hongkong last May 2 this year. I went to UK twice in his plac before we got married. So it's not settlement then? Should i proceed with the family of eea national? I hope you will reply. Thank you
No, it's a Settlement visa you'll want. You don't qualify for an EEA Family Permit.
Old May 25th 2017, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the response. Settlement for wife right?Just so stressed with the process. Thank you again.
Old May 25th 2017, 9:14 pm

Thank you for the response. Settlement for wife right?Just so stressed with the process. Thank you again.
Yep, you're the applicant, so 'Settlement->Settlement->Wife' on the drop down menus. Make sure you can meet the financial requirements before lodging the application. A summary is available on the wiki: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spouse_Immigration-UK
Old May 25th 2017, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the information. You help me a lot. What will gonna happen to the family eea national i filled in? I already confirmed that application but didn't make any payment yet, will it cause me any problem if i will continue the settlement visa application? Thank you for your patience in replying. And also my husband house is on sale. Do we also need to tell that my husband is on the process of selling the house?

Last edited by diane1982; May 25th 2017 at 10:05 pm.
Old May 26th 2017, 6:42 am

Thank you for the information. You help me a lot. What will gonna happen to the family eea national i filled in? I already confirmed that application but didn't make any payment yet, will it cause me any problem if i will continue the settlement visa application? Thank you for your patience in replying. And also my husband house is on sale. Do we also need to tell that my husband is on the process of selling the house?
An EEA Family Permit application is free so there's no payment to make. Just delete it from the system.

Have you familiarised yourself with the financial requirements? If not I would do that before anything else because not everyone qualifies and you'll need to have all the documentation ready before you submit an application.

If you plan to use the proceeds from the house sale to meet the financial requirements then you'll need documentation to show that you owned the house for at least six months prior to its sale.