FLR(M) Extension - Document List

Old May 23rd 2020, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute
Default FLR(M) Extension - Document List

Hi All,

Regarding the document list to prove relationship in the UK, I'm finding it very difficult to get my head around and can only find it relieving that 99% of other applicants feel the same.

I've put together our list attached, having removed many of the monthly bank statements. That's just about it for my Wife's (Applicant) side at least.
Would you mind to comment on what is sufficient and whether this is enough or not?

Many thanks, MP
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Proof of Residence in UK.pdf (62.0 KB, 105 views)
Old May 26th 2020, 10:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR(M) Extension - Document List

Looks like more than enough.
Old May 27th 2020, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Is there actually any official immigration document that covers what correspondence is required to prove cohabitation? I can't find anything in FM or FM SE for example.

Guidance on correspondence only appears in forums like ours, but I can't find official requirements from immigration.
What a nightmare. :-(
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 2:03 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The paper form use to list what was required. I’m not sure whether this still applies for the online form but in a nutshell you want a minimum of six pieces of jointly addressed correspondence covering at least the two years prior to application.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you BIP, yes, I've established some more information and that these should also be from a minimum of 3 sources for joint letters, or 3 sources each for individually addressed letters. Minimum 6 pieces each if individually addressed or a combination of joint and individual (for anyone else reading on).
Cheers! :-)
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 5:31 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MonsterP
Thank you BIP, yes, I've established some more information and that these should also be from a minimum of 3 sources for joint letters, or 3 sources each for individually addressed letters. Minimum 6 pieces each if individually addressed or a combination of joint and individual (for anyone else reading on).
Cheers! :-)
Thanks for passing on the info, but could you please provide a link to where you got the info from. Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Spouse of Scouse!

Honestly, I've stumbled across it on the web after many weeks of research and preparation, although my explanation above might not be very clear, I'd say that gathering cohabitation proof is the second most asked question to financial evidence.

It's not particularly explicit, but the online application form will generate it as required supporting evidence. It appears to stem from paragraph E-LTRP.1.10. of Appendix FM.
Below is a link to the old paper version of the form where this is discussed. I'll also paste below in case the link eventually expires.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives...._M__-07-18.pdf

Starting on page 63 (FLR(M) Version 07/2018):-If your application is as the partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection

Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 11.

Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. Examples of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals.

Photocopies are not acceptable.

The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.

For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted.

If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address.

If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
  • Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
  • Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
  • Bank statements/letters
  • Building society savings books/letters
  • Council tax bills or statements
  • Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
  • Water rates bills or statements
  • Mortgage statements/agreement
  • Tenancy agreement(s)
  • Telephone bills or statements

[img]blob:https://britishexpats.com/90edc4ef-7291-4d59-81ca-2eb037a85fa9[/img] [img]blob:https://britishexpats.com/e14cbe6c-2eb6-49b8-b98d-1f45c5151cc3[/img]Hope that helps.
Best regards, MP