Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

FLR(M) Extension - Bank Reference & Statement Difficulties

FLR(M) Extension - Bank Reference & Statement Difficulties

Old May 22nd 2020, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute
Default FLR(M) Extension - Bank Reference & Statement Difficulties

Dear All,

I'm having difficulty with my bank, RCI, to establish who, with direct contact details, would handle producing my statements and Bank Reference letter within the critical 28 day window. I'm going to start that 28 day windows ticking at the beginning of June and I'm worried that if it takes three attempts to hang on the phone for an hour and still not receive a call back as promised just to work out who will be doing the work, then making the request itself is will take weeks to be produced.

Is the Home Office taking such delays into consideration and, if so, how can we alert them in the application to a delay in document production?
Is it possible to contact the Home Office to discuss this. Any phone number?

Many thanks, MP
Old May 22nd 2020, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLR(M) Extension - Bank Reference & Statement Difficulties

This the page with all the updates - noting that there has been another extension for those who can't leave. You could try the email listed further down the page or the phone line. I was thinking of writing as can already see how hard it is going to be to get all the pieces together. I'm also concerned that we'll be waiting for months for an appointment. It's a shame as all of us needing to do FLR now, had long delays when our original spouse visas were submitted. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...idents#history
Old May 22nd 2020, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, useful anyway.
Yes, delays at the start and now bad luck to get delays again now. My Wife's entry clearance took four painful months to process, and only got done after being re-farmed back to the origin centre in Beijing after they were overloaded in Sheffield.
Let's hope they start the FLR extension period from the date of application or within some similar 28 day time limit within that as I could see the processing times running well on through the latter half of the year.
Old May 22nd 2020, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point

My other worry is that we'll be unable to leave UK for a reasonably long period of time - as understand we can't travel outside UK after doing biometrics without that being considered as 'withdrawing' our application. Sounds like a long journey for you. We also had to wait a while but were crankier that we were told to pay for fast tracking purely so we could get it done, slowly than what it was previously!!
Old May 22nd 2020, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Correct, sit tight. Frankly, we've written off any travel plans for 2020 already