FLR(M) Extension

Old Jun 19th 2023, 5:55 am
Just Joined

tonyc5757 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR(M) Extension

Hi we are about to apply for an extension to our spousal visa that was obtained 2yrs and 6 months ago
I arrived with my wife ( British Citizen ) in UK on 20 Jan 2021 and collected my BRP which expires on 3 Aug 2023
We left UK to finalise arrangements to permanently move to UK on 9 Feb 2021 and returned on 23 May 2021 with my wife and 2 children who all have British Passports
We have been renting property in Milton Keynes since 28 May 2021 in a three bedroom house which meets the accommodation requirements
We will supply the necessary cohabitation documents for the two year period from 23 Jul 2021 to 24 Jul 2023 as we intend to submit our application on Mon 24 Jul 2023
We want to satisfy the financial requirement by submitting a bank statement from 23 Jan 2023 - 24 Jul 2023
There has been 62500 UK pounds in that account for the past 6 month period from date of application

I have a few questions

If the bank ( UK bank ) does not stamp the electronic bank statement or supply a letter confirming the authenticity of the downloaded statement will that be an issue
Do i need to upload the bank statement from which the rent and council tax is paid from as it is a different bank account - I will upload the tenancy agreement and and a council tax bill
One question on the online application is confusing me - i.e When did you start living together in a relationship
We have been married for more than 15 years so do I put our date of marriage or do i put the date we arrived in UK or the date that we statrted renting

Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2023, 12:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR(M) Extension

- Although still in the regulations, uploading electronic copies of bank statements downloaded from your bank’s website are accepted without a letter or stamp.

- You’ll need to show your savings account statements to meet the financial requirements through cash savings. Separately you can show your current account statements as evidence of cohabitation.

- The date of your marriage or when you moved in together if that was before.
Old Jun 21st 2023, 4:31 am
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for the reply

Are you 100% sure that there is no need to follow the regulations regarding bank statements. Reason I ask is that i have been advised that
It is OK for statements that are uploaded as part of cohabitation to NOT have a stamp or a letter from the bank but when it comes to a statement that is being used to
satisfy the financial requirement they insist on the regulations being followed. Do you perhaps know of another thread where an applicant has successfully sent
electronic statements that are being used to satisfy the financial requirement without a stamp or letter and was approved.

Rgds
Old Jun 21st 2023, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

My wife obtained ILR in 2021, using cash savings to meet the financial requirement. She used online statements, no bank certification or stamp, and had no problem.
Old Jun 21st 2023, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks Dernier - That puts my mind at rest
Old Jun 27th 2023, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

RoqVodster is an unknown quantity at this point

My extension was approved a year ago with no queries, using mix of paper and online (HSBC) bank statements without certifications/stamps. I had highlighted the pertinent entries but that was likely overdoing it!
Old Jul 1st 2023, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Need some advice regarding dates and timings

Reason I ask is that mortgage application is stalled as they want to see that an extension is approved beyond 3 Aug 2023 which is expiry date of current visa so need to figure out earliest date i can submit my application and will need to get super priority to make sure that i get an answer quickly. Here are the parameters.
Arrived in UK on 20 Jan 2021 so 2 years and 6 months takes us to 20 Jul 2023. As soon as I submit the application for payment does that mean that the renewed visa start date if approved will be from that date or is the start date 1 day after the biometrics appointment i.e the date that UKVCAS submitted application
after i have attended the biometrics appointment or is the start date 1 day after the expiry of the current visa.

Thanks
Old Jul 1st 2023, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Can i please get confirmation that the initial date of the visa extension is NOT the date that the payment was made for the UKVI application
Need to insure that this is correct as it influences the 30 months residence for the initial visa
Old Jul 1st 2023, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you are here on family route (as spouse or unmarried partner), and you entered UK on 33-month visa, then the earliest you can apply to renew your leave on form FLR(M) is on the 30-month anniversary of your UK entry (not from 'valid from' date on your visa, unless you arrived here on the first day of validity), minus 28 days. So for example, if you arrived in UK on your settlement visa on 17th June 2015, you can apply on 17th December 2017 (30-month anniversary), minus 28 days which will be 19th November 2017
Old Jul 1st 2023, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

As I said timings are critical as we do not want the mortgage application for our purchase offer on a house to be in limbo ( bank insisting that they need to see that our extension is approved ) so we need to ensure that we get an extension that ensures that we can apply for ILR at a later date and that we have been in UK for the full 5 years when we apply for ILR

Can someone please advise if the following would work
Arrived in UK on 20 Jan 2021
Visa expires 3 Aug 2023
Submit application tomorrow ( less than 28 days before 20 July 2023 ) assuming that we get super priority
Book biometric appointment for ON OR AFTER 21 Jul 2023 which means that approval can only be obtained after that date and we would have been in UK for 2 yrs 6 months and 1 day on 21 July

Thanks