FLR(m) correspondence

Old Aug 28th 2018, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR(m) correspondence

Hi all,

thinking about next step and switch from fiance to flr (m)

i have read the form and it needs 6 items of correspondence addressed to both over past 2 years or 6 each if it is not joint

considering fiance will be here less than 2 month when we switch, I suppose the form is one size fits all and it is refering to flr(m) extension. is that correct?

in which case, do I need to submit document for the past 2 month when fiance joins?

regarding what I can submit , i have plenty for my self but fiance will be struggle. What is your suggestion:

mine:

santader statement
lloyds statament
barclays statement
driving license
council tax
water bill
electricity bill

fiance:

provisional license
gp regustration letter
bank ( maybe lloyds)
council tax
tenancy
nectar and tesco card
maybe a credit card to build fiance’s credit ( capital one)
Try and add fiance to water utility and electricity but not sure if they will have two people name on the utility bill

are they ok?

two question, can fiance apply for provisional license on fiance visa?

can fiance be registered at gp ?

many thanks
Old Aug 28th 2018, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLR(m) correspondence

Hi, the same situation is waiting for me. Answer for those questions would be great to have.

Also, shadowfair, are you planning to apply online using the new beta page? or filling in the papers?

Could you please share your document list when you switch from fiance to spouse - I'm nervous, because we applied through solicitor, but we don't want to spend more money on switching especially we want to go for in person priority,
Old Aug 28th 2018, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nora_
Hi, the same situation is waiting for me. Answer for those questions would be great to have.

Also, shadowfair, are you planning to apply online using the new beta page? or filling in the papers?

Could you please share your document list when you switch from fiance to spouse - I'm nervous, because we applied through solicitor, but we don't want to spend more money on switching especially we want to go for in person priority,
probably postal form as it is easier from what I have read and more straight forward.

My document list is pretty much same as fiance with addition of marriage certificate when I get it and also letters of correspondence.

I don't think you have to proof your relationship again as you have done that on fiance visa so I am supply what has been supplied already and also letters of correspondence and that is it.

I am planning to update all letters such as payslip, employment letter etc and also update property inspection report.

I will also add fiance to my tenancy agreement . think that is it really
Old Aug 28th 2018, 3:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadowfair
probably postal form as it is easier from what I have read and more straight forward.

My document list is pretty much same as fiance with addition of marriage certificate when I get it and also letters of correspondence.

I don't think you have to proof your relationship again as you have done that on fiance visa so I am supply what has been supplied already and also letters of correspondence and that is it.

I am planning to update all letters such as payslip, employment letter etc and also update property inspection report.

I will also add fiance to my tenancy agreement . think that is it really
You need to supply all information asked for in the spouse visa, including that previously provided. The ECO won't look for your fiance visa.
Old Aug 28th 2018, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You need to supply all information asked for in the spouse visa, including that previously provided. The ECO won't look for your fiance visa.

that is what I meant. It may have caused confusion

i will be supplying all that plus what i said
Old Aug 29th 2018, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

The FLR(M) is a one size fits all form for people in many different situations.
They understand that people on a fiance visa are unable to provide much cohabitation documents due to the short period of time they have been in the county & the difficulty getting official documents whilst on the fiance visa.
Just provide whatever you have for you fiance & yourself.
For our FLR(M) from fiance visa, we included 3 documents for the sponsor & only 1 for the applicant (registration at NHS GP letter).

In terms of registering fiance visa with the GP. It depends on the GP practice, we had no issues registering my fiance with our local GP on his fiance visa & when he received the FLR(M) BRP we went to the GP to give them a copy so that they could update their records that he was now a resident & wouldn't need to pay for any treatment etc like he might have had to on the fiance visa.
However, I have seen some people on forums have a lot of issues with their local GPs refusing to register them on the fiance visa.
So just give it a try & see how it goes.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johannalouise
The FLR(M) is a one size fits all form for people in many different situations.
They understand that people on a fiance visa are unable to provide much cohabitation documents due to the short period of time they have been in the county & the difficulty getting official documents whilst on the fiance visa.
Just provide whatever you have for you fiance & yourself.
For our FLR(M) from fiance visa, we included 3 documents for the sponsor & only 1 for the applicant (registration at NHS GP letter).

In terms of registering fiance visa with the GP. It depends on the GP practice, we had no issues registering my fiance with our local GP on his fiance visa & when he received the FLR(M) BRP we went to the GP to give them a copy so that they could update their records that he was now a resident & wouldn't need to pay for any treatment etc like he might have had to on the fiance visa.
However, I have seen some people on forums have a lot of issues with their local GPs refusing to register them on the fiance visa.
So just give it a try & see how it goes.
called around and it costs around £650 for solicitor at least and one said £3k !!!

it was apparently taking them 15 hours to advice me at £250 an hour

would you hire a solicitor or do it yourself?
Old Aug 30th 2018, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

I personally would not hire a solicitor.
I have done the fiance visa & FLR(M) without a solicitor, just with advise from the people on the forum who are very knowledgeable and give their time for free!
The general consensus is that unless you have a very bad immigration history or very complex/unusual situation; it is not necessary to pay for a solicitor.
There are many stories of solicitors getting even the most basic information wrong with regards to the visas & making stupid mistakes on forms or overlooking needed documentation.
The best thing you can do is to go through your own application meticulously, you know what is right in your situation so you should notice if you've made a mistake like DOB etc. & post you situation & final checklist for a once over on the forum.
Make sure you read all the supporting documents on the government website.

Try not to get worked up over the small stuff.
When I was applying for my initial fiance visa, I posted lots of questions that got no answers on the forums - because the reality was that I knew the answer, I just wanted reassurance & people don't always want to spend their time answering obvious questions with answers that can be found in other posts or easily within the rules. When it came to FLR(M) I trusted my understanding of the process more and found it much less stressful.