FLR (M) Checklist

Old Oct 9th 2018, 9:47 am
Just Joined

ljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud of
Question FLR (M) Checklist

Hi everyone

We are almost ready to submit my husbands FLR (M) next week at a PSC appointment and I wondered if you can sense-check my below documents and let me know if I need to provide anything further?

Background
My husband is Australian and moved to the UK in March 2016 on a Partner visa. We are now applying for FLR (M). We are married and he earns over the income threshold alone, so we are relying on Category A on his income alone. We have lived in two rented properties since his arrival. I am a British citizen and was born here.

Admin
PSC Confirmation
Confirmation of visa payment

Personal Documents
Applicant's original passport.
Applicant's previous expired passport.
Sponsor's original passport (& photocopy of bio page)
2 x passport photos of applicant, with name written on the back.
1 X passport photo of the sponsor, with name written on the back.
IHS number (printed off confirmation email and written on form).

Relationship Documents:
Original marriage certificate (& photocopy) - it is in English

Accommodation documents:
Tenancy agreement for property we lived at from March 2016 - March 2018 - this is just printed from my emails.
Tenancy agreement that we have lived in from March 2018 - now

Do I need to include anything from our landlord please?

English Language requirements:
Not required as husband is from English speaking country

Financial requirements:
Bank statements showing applicants last 6 months salary payments.
The final bank statement is printed at the bank so is laid out like a bank statement but in B&W. Is this ok?
6 latest payslips, stamped and signed by HR department (& photocopies).
Letter from HR department giving details as requested by form (& photocopy).

Cohabitation documents showing we have lived together since March 2016:
April 2016 - Hammersmith & Fulham Council Tax Bill (Joint)
September 2016 - Letter from North Yorkshire Council RE booking wedding (Joint)
February 2017 - American Express Letter (Sponsor)
Credit card statement (Applicant)
August 2017 - Natwest Letter (Sponsor)
HMRC Tax Code Letter (Applicant)
December 2017 - Natwest Letter (Joint)
April 2018 - Hammersmith & Fulham Council Tax Bill (Joint)
September 2018 - Natwest Bank Statement (Sponsor)
Southern Electric Account Confirmation (Applicant)
& photocopies of all letters.

Please can you let me know if there is anything else I should add / take out / have missed?

Questions:
Should I bring evidence of my employment just in case even though my husband earns over the threshold?
Do I need to include anything from our landlord?
Do I need to include any cover letters from myself or my husband?
With photocopies, do I have to get these certified and should they be of everything?

Thanks in advance.
Lx
Old Oct 9th 2018, 9:58 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR (M) Checklist

Looks good. If your husband earns over the threshold then I wouldn’t muddy the waters with anything related to your employment. If you’re both on the tenancy agreement then you shouldn’t need anything from your landlord. If you’re applying in person then don’t worry too much about photocopies- they don’t need to be certified. A covering letter is usually a good idea; give a brief overview of your life and relationship since your last application and briefly address how you meet the financial and accommodation requirements.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 11:10 am
Just Joined

ljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud ofljm1989 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Looks good. If your husband earns over the threshold then I wouldn’t muddy the waters with anything related to your employment. If you’re both on the tenancy agreement then you shouldn’t need anything from your landlord. If you’re applying in person then don’t worry too much about photocopies- they don’t need to be certified. A covering letter is usually a good idea; give a brief overview of your life and relationship since your last application and briefly address how you meet the financial and accommodation requirements.
Thank you so much, that's brilliant help

In terms of my most recent bank statement, I'm really stressed about it, basically I have April - August all duplicated from the bank, in colour, they came in the post, they just say Duplicate on them at the top. For September i.e. the most recent one that ended October 3rd, somehow this has got lost in the post, and we don't really have time before our appt to order it as it takes a week.

HSBC have printed it out in the bank, and it looks like a normal statement however it says on it rather than like page 1 of 2, page 2 of 2 etc, it says like page 589 of 650, so its obviously drawing from my yearly statement. Its also just on normal printer paper in Black and White and doesnt have any of the usual bank blurb on the back of the pages. HSBC have said they will not stamp this . What do you think I should do?

Thanks so much!
Old Oct 10th 2018, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

Dear BIP, re certified true copy. My husband is sending copies of all pages in his British and Nigerian passports, to prove how often he's visited. Do they need to be CTC? What else needs to be CTC? Also the bank statements sent to the email does he need to print out and still go stamp them? Payslips on letter head do they still need to be confirmed by employer? Thank you for helping
Old Oct 10th 2018, 12:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljm1989
Thank you so much, that's brilliant help

In terms of my most recent bank statement, I'm really stressed about it, basically I have April - August all duplicated from the bank, in colour, they came in the post, they just say Duplicate on them at the top. For September i.e. the most recent one that ended October 3rd, somehow this has got lost in the post, and we don't really have time before our appt to order it as it takes a week.

HSBC have printed it out in the bank, and it looks like a normal statement however it says on it rather than like page 1 of 2, page 2 of 2 etc, it says like page 589 of 650, so its obviously drawing from my yearly statement. Its also just on normal printer paper in Black and White and doesnt have any of the usual bank blurb on the back of the pages. HSBC have said they will not stamp this . What do you think I should do?

Thanks so much!
It’ll need to be stamped to avoid any potential difficulties. Try another branch? Rather manipulative but looking like you’re about to turn on the waterworks also tends to make things happen that wouldn’t otherwise.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by OSJG
Dear BIP, re certified true copy. My husband is sending copies of all pages in his British and Nigerian passports, to prove how often he's visited. Do they need to be CTC? What else needs to be CTC? Also the bank statements sent to the email does he need to print out and still go stamp them? Payslips on letter head do they still need to be confirmed by employer? Thank you for helping
To prove how often he’s visited Nigeria you mean? Colour photocopies should be fine. The bank statements will need to be stamped by your bank and he should get a letter from his employer.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

To prove how often he’s visited Nigeria you mean? Colour photocopies should be fine. The bank statements will need to be stamped by your bank and he should get a letter from his employer.
Thank you BIP. Yes, I meant to prove how often he's visited Nigeria. I have just booked for my english exam. A1 life skills. Its a lot of paperwork the entire application and I am having a really hard time finding all the guidance notes. Is there one place I can check for all links to guidance notes? I really dont want to make any mistakes with the application.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by OSJG
Thank you BIP. Yes, I meant to prove how often he's visited Nigeria. I have just booked for my english exam. A1 life skills. Its a lot of paperwork the entire application and I am having a really hard time finding all the guidance notes. Is there one place I can check for all links to guidance notes? I really dont want to make any mistakes with the application.
Not really. This is as good as it gets.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Old Oct 11th 2018, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Not really. This is as good as it gets.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Thank you so much.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Hey thank you Brit in Paris!

Actually managed to to get a duplicate posted in time! So happy.

I have a few final questions on the flr m form that I wondered if someone could help with?

Q1.13 where would we find the home office reference number?

Q2.2 ‘is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor’ - what do I say here? We obviously have applied together before for the first 2.5 years he has been here so I assume I say no?

Q7.3 ‘current annual salary’ - my husband got a pay rise in September so his final payslip is for a higher amount. However for this, do I need to take the lowest payslip and multiply this by 12 to get the annual salary we are relying on? If so should this be before tax or after tax?

Q7.3A xiv - as above, do I do the lower amount we are relying on before the pay rise or do we use the higher salary?

also when it says ‘you and your sponsors total combined income from salaries employment’ - we are just relying on my husbands salary and not putting in any details about me so therefore do I just put his wage in there?

Q9.12 we actually can’t remember where my husband had his biometrics done! We applied and his visa was approved while he was in Sydney, and then he came to the UK. Would his fingerprints have been done in Sydney? If so does it matter that we don’t know the specific date?

Thanks so much in advance!

Old Oct 14th 2018, 1:49 pm

- Don’t worry about it.
- ‘No’
- Keep it simple and give the previous salary.
- Lower amount. Just mention his salary.
- Sydney, Australia. The date would be the date he submitted his application. 9.13 would be the post that issued his vignette, so likely Manila.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much @BritInParis! Appointment on Wednesday so finalising all my questions! Sorry again for the below but wondered if you could help me to clarify?

Q2.3, it asks which stage of extension we are applying under. He entered 2.5 years ago, after applying as a partner in Sydney. Do we therefore tick:
- First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person) OR
- Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain as a partner of a settled person?

Should the salary I enter at 7.3 be before tax? Also throughout 7.3 do I completely not include my own salary as we are totally relying on my husbands?

Around the fingerprints just to clarify do you mean:
9.13 would be the date we submitted his application. Is there anywhere I can find that as I can't find the appointment info anywhere. If not do you think date and year would suffice?
9.14 is this where the fingerprints were taken so this would be in Sydney when he applied?
9.15 is this what you would say would be Manila? I can hopefully find this in his old passport.

Final questions: Do I need to include a cover letter?
How do I arrange everything for the PSC appointment? Just in a stack?
Do I need to photocopy every single thing?

Thanks so much. Last questions I promise!

Last edited by ljm1989; Oct 15th 2018 at 12:47 pm. Reason: Adding information
Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:40 pm

- First period
- Before tax. Don’t mention yours at all if you will be meeting the requirements through your husband’s salary alone.
- Presumably there’s an old email somewhere with this information?
- Yep.
- Should be Manila. It’ll be on the vignette in his old passport.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much.

I have found the appointment from VISA4UK with the appointment we went to in order to apply for the visa and submit all evidence. This was November 24th 2015. Would this be the date they also took biometrics?

I cant believe I dont remember!!

Thanks!
Old Oct 15th 2018, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by ljm1989
Thanks so much.

I have found the appointment from VISA4UK with the appointment we went to in order to apply for the visa and submit all evidence. This was November 24th 2015. Would this be the date they also took biometrics?

I cant believe I dont remember!!

Thanks!
That would be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.