FLR (M) - application form questions about rent

Old Sep 15th 2018, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default FLR (M) - application form questions about rent

I have one further question about the FLR (M) application, the on-line form asks the applicant (my wife) to state if she is renting, how much she pays each month and to confirm that she will provide evidence of monthly housing and council tax costs for where we live.

We are joint tenants for the lease of our apartment, with a joint council tax bill. However I pay the rent and the council tax myself. Is it OK for my wife to answer "yes" to the question "are you renting" and to give the total rent amount, on the basis that we will attach a document explaining how we actually make the payments? Thanks for your advice on this.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 5:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR (M) - application form questions about rent

Is it actually asking for evidence of who pays or just evidence of the costs? If it’s the latter then you can just provide your Council Tax bill and tenancy agreement.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR (M) - application form questions about rent

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Is it actually asking for evidence of who pays or just evidence of the costs? If it’s the latter then you can just provide your Council Tax bill and tenancy agreement.
Thanks for your time in replying....you have identified the real problem with the question, since it is not actually clear what it is referring to. We are covered since the lease and the council tax is in our joint names and my bank statements show all the payments being made, so I guess a short explanation attached to the back up documents will be enough.