Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Financial requirements for British Citizen living overseas

Financial requirements for British Citizen living overseas

Old Oct 11th 2018, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Nadda889 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial requirements for British Citizen living overseas

Hello,

I am a British citizen living in Mumbai for the past three years. I have a job offer in London and plan to move to the UK with my Indian husband. I have a question about the financial requirements for a British Citizen living overseas.

I have a guaranteed offer of a job in the UK with an annual salary of over £18,600. However, I have not earned the equivalent of £18,600 per annum for the past six months.

I had a Visa Consultation here in Mumbai and was informed my husband's visa application would be fine provided I have the job offer over £18,600. Reading the British citizen living abroad thread, I believe I have been advised wrong?

We are planning to apply one month after I have started my job in London (through salary, not savings). I would appreciate clarity over the requirements before proceeding with my application.

Apologies if this has been asked before, I cannot find it in this thread and the visa consultation has thrown me!

Thanks!

Last edited by Nadda889; Oct 11th 2018 at 2:45 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2018, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial requirements for British Citizen living overseas

As you have not been earning the equivalent of 18,600 GBP in your current job overseas, then you need to have worked in the UK job for 6 months before you can apply for your husband's visa.

Read the following document carefully regarding financial requirements:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf
Old Oct 11th 2018, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Nadda889 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Financial requirements for British Citizen living overseas

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Section 1.7, I'd been looking for it online. I thought this might be the case.

Appreciate your help.