financial requirement for spouse visa

Old Nov 5th 2015, 6:20 am
Just Joined

beckhong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default financial requirement for spouse visa

Hi everyone
I recently just married my wife in Hong Kong and she is from China .
We are planing to get her to the UK in next year as we try to meet the financial requirement of £18600 in the next few months.
My situation is that I'm a director of the limited company as a sole trader as I trade a Chinese takeaway shop. My salary as a director I paid my self £9900 only for the past few years and my company turn over for the last year wasn't great either!
I'm planning to increase my salary from October 2015 to April 2016 so I can get the six months pay slip and bank statement to prove that I'd meet the £18600 but I just find out that as I self employed I need to give a lot of evidence such as financial reports for the past 12 months to prove.
My question is will my plan work?
What will they look at with my business account?
They need the 12 months account details is that mean 6 months payslips are not enough to prove?
Can I just hiding as a self employed when we apply the visa so I can just hand in the six months payslips and bank statement to meet the requirements?
I don't have any saving myself but my wife does a lot of saving herself(over £62,500) back in China.Are the saving route not count as I'm a director of the limited company in UK?
Please accepted my English wasn't very good I would love to hear people tell me what is my options be, many thx

Last edited by beckhong; Nov 5th 2015 at 6:56 am.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

West_Midlands is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: financial requirement for spouse visa

I think you can go the savings route instead of waiting for six months to try and show that you, as her sponsor are earning £18,600.

It doesn't matter who has the savings- whether it be yourself or your wife, as long as you can show where it came from by providing six months of bank statements.

It's always best to be honest , rather than put incorrect or inaccurate information down. It's OK if you're unable to meet the financial requirement yourself, because you have the option of going the savings route.

Kindly correct me if I'm wrong fellow BE's, thank you!
Old Nov 5th 2015, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

It would be much easier if you use your wife's savings to meet the financial requirement for her visa. Being self employed needs loads of documents to support the application and can be quite complicated. You can use your wife's savings as long as she declares the source of those savings and the money has been in her account for at least six months at the date of application.

Don't hide anything! If you were to go the salary route, you must be honest! If you use the savings route, you will not need to include information on your employment. That would only confuse the ECO.

Can you satisfy the other requirements regarding accommodation and relationship?
Old Nov 5th 2015, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by West_Midlands
I think you can go the savings route instead of waiting for six months to try and show that you, as her sponsor are earning £18,600.

It doesn't matter who has the savings- whether it be yourself or your wife, as long as you can show where it came from by providing six months of bank statements.

It's always best to be honest , rather than put incorrect or inaccurate information down. It's OK if you're unable to meet the financial requirement yourself, because you have the option of going the savings route.

Kindly correct me if I'm wrong fellow BE's, thank you!
Thank you for your reply . I'm a bit confused about the rule:
7.1.3. Category D: Cash savings cannot be combined with self-employment income, or with income from employment as a director of a specified limited company in the UK, under either Category F or Category G: see section 9 of this guidance. Category D: Cash savings also cannot be combined with part (2) of Category B: salaried and non-salaried employment: see section 5 of this guidance.
When we apply the visa do we need tell which route we are going to use to meet the requirements ?
Old Nov 5th 2015, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michali
It would be much easier if you use your wife's savings to meet the financial requirement for her visa. Being self employed needs loads of documents to support the application and can be quite complicated. You can use your wife's savings as long as she declares the source of those savings and the money has been in her account for at least six months at the date of application.

Don't hide anything! If you were to go the salary route, you must be honest! If you use the savings route, you will not need to include information on your employment. That would only confuse the ECO.

Can you satisfy the other requirements regarding accommodation and relationship?
Thx a lot for the reply .
Do u mean I don't need to include nothing about my job not even payslips , bank statement and p60 if we can using the saving route ?
I'm currently live with parents my parents own the place. My wife will temporarily live in there when she arrive in uk .What do I need for the accommodation part?
For the relationship part ,we have Marriage certificate ,wedding ceremony photos ,flights tickets and chat record.
Thx a lot for your comments it really helpful
Old Nov 5th 2015, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

If you use the savings route, you do not need to include anything related to your job. It is a much easier route to take once the funds have been in place for at least six months and have not dipped below the required level during that time. You just choose Category D in Appendix 2 and take it from there. Your wife will have to declare the source of her savings. If any of it (any large portions) was given as a gift, she would need a letter from the donor stating it was a gift and not a loan.

For the accommodation requirements, you just need a letter from your parents giving permission for your wife to live there, a land registry deed (available from the land registry site for £3) and maybe a council tax bill in their name. Some forums advise you to get a property inspection report to show there will be no overcrowding but I am not sure this is really necessary. I hope someone with more knowledge will help here!

Your evidence for the relationship requirement sounds fine.