Financial requirement question - part 2!

Old May 25th 2014, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

geishagirl2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial requirement question - part 2!

I'm trying to find the best (and quickest) way for me to get a UK spouse visa, under my current circumstances. A brief rundown of my situation:

Husband and I currently live in Thailand on student visas, have been here for 9 months. Neither have worked for those 9 months.
Husband does not have a job offer back in the UK.
Approx 10K under the 62,500K in savings needed to meet financial requirement.

Stupidly applied for spouse visa before looking into financials & had to withdraw it...still waiting to hear about my refund ()

Once my husband gets back to the UK in September & gets a job that pays over the 18,600K requirement, taking into consideration our savings - would I be able to apply for the spouse visa right away from Australia? Or is there a certain amount of time my husband would have to hold that job for before applying?

Thank you so much for everyone's help so far...it's SO difficult to get straight answers from UK immigration
Old May 25th 2014, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial requirement question - part 2!

Husband would need to hold new job for 6 months before being able to apply for spouse visa for you.

Read the following document carefully to get all details as to how to apply visa income:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...e_20140324.pdf
Old May 28th 2014, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial requirement question - part 2!

It could be less than 6 months. I did a post for someone else showing what you need to earn to apply early based upon a) having a job paying at least 18,600 and b) having earned over 18,600 in total in the past 12 months.
1 month: 223,200
2 months: 111,600
3 months: 74,400
4 months: 55,800
5 months: 44,640

With savings of 52,500 your salary requirement would be reduced by (52500-16000)/2.5 = 14,600. So he would need a salary of 4000 only but woudl have to hold that job for 6 months as you cannot use savings to reduce the 12 months earnings relied on in the example above.