Wikiposts

Financial requirement: proof of salary, time in the job

Old Oct 4th 2013, 2:24 am
Just Joined

plvbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial requirement: proof of salary, time in the job

Hi all,

My British wife and I (Brazilian) wish to move to the UK next year. We've just married and we're now finding a way to prove that she makes more than 18.600GBP/year in Brazil and then she's going to have to look for a job in England as well.

I have two questions:

1. She's a private English teacher, so she has never really paid taxes before here. What exactly is considered a proof by the UKBA that she makes that money? Does it have to be a tax income report or can it be bank statements? Do we need to legalise it in the British consulate?

2. She needs to have a job offer in the UK of 18.600GBP/year or more. Since we will apply from Brazil, I believe my visa may be granted before she actually starts at her new job (considering she has a real job offer). Is that right? In case she quits or gets fired after my visa is granted, what happens? Can I be deported?

Thanks in advance,
Phil
Old Oct 4th 2013, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial requirement: proof of salary, time in the job

Read the following document which provides all the details as to how to qualify for the financial requirements:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

Your visa won't be issued until such time as your wife can prove she qualifies under any of the categories. In the majority of cases your wife will either a) have to have held a job in the UK earning 18,600 for 6 months or more or b) prove that she has earned that amount in Brazil AND has a bona fide job lined up in the UK. Proof of earnings is by pay slips, tax returns, bank statements.

You can also apply with savings/investments.

Once you are in the UK if your wife loses her job and does not get another one and YOU also are not working then potentially you won't get the visa renewed at the 2.5 year stage.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:19 am
Just Joined

plvbrazil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SanDiegoGirl,

So once the visa is granted we won't depend anymore on her job, right?

My wife would like to do a Masters when she comes back to England. She intends to find a job that will pay her the minimum amount (18600/year) and hold it for the shortest time possible. She will then look for a part-time job (so that she can study for her masters), which will most likely pay LESS than 18.600GBP/year, so we were wondering how long she'd need to stay on the first job. I will have a job since the first day and will make more than double the minimum amount, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for your answer.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If YOU are working when you apply for Further leave to remain (at 2.5 year stage) and you are earning over the then necessary financial threshold your earnings will be eligible to fulfill the financial requirements.

Anything your wife earns will be cherry on the cake.