Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Financial Requirement after Initial Leave to Remain Stage

Financial Requirement after Initial Leave to Remain Stage

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

oxygen28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial Requirement after Initial Leave to Remain Stage

Hi everyone.

I would like to ask regarding the financial requirement after Entry Clearance/Initial Leave to Remain?

Just to give short information, when I applied for Spouse Settlement visa (Wife), we used Category D: Cash Savings £62,500.00. Currently, my husband works under Limited company, and him being the Director. In preparation to the need to apply for further leave stage (after the 2.5 years), I would like to know the following:

1.) If I use the Savings Route again, how much is the minimum cash savings in our account?
2.) Does it needs to be there for 6 months again? If not, how many months?

Looking forward to reading your experiences.

Thanks,
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 5:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Requirement after Initial Leave to Remain Stage

Originally Posted by oxygen28
Hi everyone.

I would like to ask regarding the financial requirement after Entry Clearance/Initial Leave to Remain?

Just to give short information, when I applied for Spouse Settlement visa (Wife), we used Category D: Cash Savings £62,500.00. Currently, my husband works under Limited company, and him being the Director. In preparation to the need to apply for further leave stage (after the 2.5 years), I would like to know the following:

1.) If I use the Savings Route again, how much is the minimum cash savings in our account?
2.) Does it needs to be there for 6 months again? If not, how many months?

Looking forward to reading your experiences.

Thanks,
The financial and evidence requirements for Further Leave to Remain (FLR) are exactly the same as for the initial visa, except both the sponsor's and the applicant's income can be used for FLR.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Clivem is a jewel in the roughClivem is a jewel in the roughClivem is a jewel in the roughClivem is a jewel in the rough

Hi There

For the visa renewal the conditions are exactly the same as the original application. Either salary of £18k or £62.5K. The only condition on the money as I understand is that it needs to be readily available and yes it needs to have been there for six months. We moved it from one account to another, it was only in the account for 3 months so we had to prove that the money had been available to us prior to this.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

oxygen28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clivem
Hi There

For the visa renewal the conditions are exactly the same as the original application. Either salary of £18k or £62.5K. The only condition on the money as I understand is that it needs to be readily available and yes it needs to have been there for six months. We moved it from one account to another, it was only in the account for 3 months so we had to prove that the money had been available to us prior to this.
Thank you spouse of scouse and Clivem. As of the moment I’m still waiting for the result of my Initial application. I just wanted to make plan for the next step.

regards,