Fiancé visa application from the UAE

Old Aug 22nd 2020, 10:38 am
Just Joined

sarahdxb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiancé visa application from the UAE

Hi everyone,

I'm a Pakistani residing in Dubai for over 25 years and engaged to a British guy. We've been together for 3 years, living together for the last one. We're now planning to move to the UK and putting my application together. I have a few questions and would really appreciate your input. Thank you!

1. How do we show proof we will marry within 6 months of arrival?
2. We are applying via the cash savings route as he doesn't have a job offer at the moment. We can meet the 62,500 pounds requirement combining both our savings + rent from a property he owns in the UK (which actually drops the cash savings requirement down to 43,000 pounds based on the table in Appendix FM Section 1.7). Does this work? And when does the 6 months backdated financial requirement start - is it the date we pay for the application online or the date of my appointment at the VFS office as our savings fluctuate in the month of March (our application will be sent in September)?
3. Is the rental income for his UK property calculated after deduction of management fees from the real estate agency?
4. We will be going via the priority route - are there any other VFS services recommended to add on?
5. We are both planning on travelling together from Dubai to London once i receive the visa. Is it recommended that he is in the UK at the time of the application? This is unclear and seems unnecessary, as he's been an expat for 14 years and is returning home due to a redundancy from his last job. It would be preferable to travel together but do let us know if this impacts my application negatively.
6. Is there any added value in mentioning that I'm the shareholder of a registered LLC in the UAE, which is running quite successfully and will make yearly dividends and income through this?
7. Any loopholes to watch out for? Or additional advice?

Thanks again! x

Last edited by sarahdxb; Aug 22nd 2020 at 11:07 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2020, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiancé visa application from the UAE

1. Booking of wedding and event planning.
2. Yes you can use savings and non employment income. Date is from submission of application
3.Before management fees etc
4. ....??
5. He can travel with you or before you
6. No
7. Can't think of any.... presuming you have all the necessary financial documents, accommodation and relationship documents sorted out you should be fine.
Old Aug 23rd 2020, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

sarahdxb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiancé visa application from the UAE

Thank you!