Family Visa Extension

Old Nov 22nd 2019, 8:38 am
Just Joined

b0redj0rd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Visa Extension

Hello all,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read this!

I am married to an Uzbek citizen, and I am British. We are approaching the time where we are going to need to apply to extend her 2.5yr Family Visa and I am gathering as much information as I can about certain aspects of this at the moment - One question I am not sure about is the following - As part of her original application, completed from Uzbekistan after her Fiance Visa, was that she took the A1 English exam. She passed this and we didn't really have any issues at all getting the Family Visa.

To complete the extension to this visa, will she need to take another English exam, or will providing the same certificate be sufficient to meet the standard of English she needs for this visa?

Thank you very much to anyone who takes the time to respond.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 10:02 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Visa Extension

She’ll need an A2 exam pass for this visa.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
She’ll need an A2 exam pass for this visa.
Oh no, really? It looks like the nearest test center to me is going to be Manchester and I'm in North Wales! What a nightmare. In addition to this, they only offer very limited dates so because the Visa will expire in Feb, I'll have to book for a test in December. £150 for some guy to play a CD to my wife for 20 minutes?! Really?!

Last edited by b0redj0rd; Nov 22nd 2019 at 11:20 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 11:32 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by b0redj0rd
Oh no, really? It looks like the nearest test center to me is going to be Manchester and I'm in North Wales! What a nightmare. In addition to this, they only offer very limited dates so because the Visa will expire in Feb, I'll have to book for a test in December. £150 for some guy to play a CD to my wife for 20 minutes?! Really?!
If you took the CEFR A1 when you first applied for your visa, you’ll need to take a CEFR A2 test when you apply to stay after 2.5 years.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/knowledge-of-english
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the information, sorry .. I'm just a a little surprised really at the lack of test centers & the infrequency of the appointments that are available for the tests. I do appreciate your time/response though.

My Wife's visa expires on the 20th Feb, would you recommend applying a month or so before this date to give them time to process and etc?
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 11:51 am

I’d recommend applying no more than 28 days before the expiry date of your wife’s current visa. She can remain legally in the UK until a decision is made on her application even if her current visa expires in the meantime.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I’d recommend applying no more than 28 days before the expiry date of your wife’s current visa. She can remain legally in the UK until a decision is made on her application even if her current visa expires in the meantime.
Thanks again
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 12:12 pm

Thanks again
You’re very welcome
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Hello again, I have another question to which the answer may be pretty simple but I am looking for some reassurance from anyone who has undertaken the A2 exam or booked via the IELTS website if possible.

During the booking process it is made clear that the details given must match the details on the ID document you will be bringing along to the test. In my wife's case, this will be the BRP she already has and that we are hoping to renew. The website is asking for an address, which must match the one associated with the ID card - No problem, the obvious thing is to register with our home address here in the UK. The issue really is that they say they may ask for secondary ID, in the form of a passport. This passport is from my wife's home country, and has her old address on it and I'm wondering if this will cause issues should they ask to see this secondary form of ID.

As I say, the response is probably to use the UK address as it's associated (but not printed on ....) the BRP but I was just looking for some reassurance really. If anyone can help with this if they could let me know what they have done that would be most welcome.

Thanks for reading,
Old Jan 7th 2020, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Hey there, thanks for all the help so far with my questions. I've decided it's probably better to keep any further questions within this thread so I don't clutter up the board too much?

I was again hoping that I could get a little advice moving forward. My Wife has her test results and certificate so thanks again! We are going to be completing the application over the course of the next few weeks and I have a question regarding documentation, and any differences between this application (for the extension to the existing visa) and the original application. Baring in mind that this is to extend the current 2.5yr visa, do I need to submit a new 'SU07' (sponsorship form)? The last time we did this, I did submit this form along with a letter from my employer stating my role, time served, contract type and salary along with 12 months of bank statements and my latest P60 - Should I be doing the same again this time?

My Wife works at Tesco, I am presuming that we need to have them give us a similar letter of employment for her also (even though my own wage surpasses the minimum requirements for our situation).

We submitted a rental agreement previously, does this also need to be done again?
We will be submitting various letters which have my wife's details on them as proof that she lives at our address (bank statements, council tax statements etc). We now have a 9 month old baby, would anything other than his birth certificate need to be submitted?

Can anyone please let me know if I have missed anything vital from the above?

Thanks again, very much for any help and advice.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 9:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there, thanks for all the help so far with my questions. I've decided it's probably better to keep any further questions within this thread so I don't clutter up the board too much?

I was again hoping that I could get a little advice moving forward. My Wife has her test results and certificate so thanks again! We are going to be completing the application over the course of the next few weeks and I have a question regarding documentation, and any differences between this application (for the extension to the existing visa) and the original application. Baring in mind that this is to extend the current 2.5yr visa, do I need to submit a new 'SU07' (sponsorship form)? The last time we did this, I did submit this form along with a letter from my employer stating my role, time served, contract type and salary along with 12 months of bank statements and my latest P60 - Should I be doing the same again this time?

My Wife works at Tesco, I am presuming that we need to have them give us a similar letter of employment for her also (even though my own wage surpasses the minimum requirements for our situation).

We submitted a rental agreement previously, does this also need to be done again?
We will be submitting various letters which have my wife's details on them as proof that she lives at our address (bank statements, council tax statements etc). We now have a 9 month old baby, would anything other than his birth certificate need to be submitted?

Can anyone please let me know if I have missed anything vital from the above?

Hi. The requirements and evidence for FLR are exactly the same as for the first visa, with the only difference being that the wages/salary of both members of the couple can be used if needed.

The SU07 sponsorship form isn't needed (and also wasn't needed for the first application).
You'll need letters with both your wife's and your names on, to prove that you live at the same address. These letters can be in joint names or to each of you.
You'll need to submit the same evidence for proof of income, if your job exceeds the financial requirement then keep it simple and just use that. No need to include anything re your wife's income.
Yes, a tenancy agreement in both names will be needed in order to meet the accommodation requirement.
Your baby's birth certificate will be fine (congratulations!)

Don't forget that you still need to to provide proof of relationship, so include a few things such as joint bank statements or other evidence of shared finances.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 7th 2020 at 9:37 am.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very much! We don't have a shared bank account, would anything else help cover the requirement for proof of a relationship? (Other than marriage, living in the same house and having a young baby!)
Old Jan 7th 2020, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If YOU meet the financial requirements, then you don't need to include your wife's income. Keep it simple and just use your own employment record - letter, contract, payslips, bank statements etc.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Could someone please help with the immigration surcharge for the NHS? I'm not sure which selections to make on the form that tells you how much it will be.

I'm here:- https://www.immigration-health-surch...checker/Single

Which options should I select from the available drop-down for the 2.5yr extension to a family visa? I've put in what I thought it should be any its showing a charge of £1000 and I'm pretty sure it was £600 the last time I did this!

Thanks very much!

Old Jan 16th 2020, 8:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I've put in what I thought it should be any its showing a charge of £1000 and I'm pretty sure it was £600 the last time I did this!
IHS fees have gone up since you last applied - Increase in IHS fees

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.