Family Visa with Dependants

Old Jun 7th 2021, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

USUK14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Visa with Dependants

I am American. My ex-wife and I divorced and she moved back to UK with our young son. She holds a British passport and our son holds both US and UK. I want to join him in the UK to help raise him. I understand I can apply for a parent visa as a father of a British minor child. However, I am told that I cannot bring my new wife to the UK. What is the logic behind this and is there any other options available?

Old Jun 7th 2021, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Visa with Dependants

Originally Posted by USUK14
I am American. My ex-wife and I divorced and she moved back to UK with our young son. She holds a British passport and our son holds both US and UK. I want to join him in the UK to help raise him. I understand I can apply for a parent visa as a father of a British minor child. However, I am told that I cannot bring my new wife to the UK. What is the logic behind this and is there any other options available?
While I won't dispute that you are not able to take other spouse with you when on a Parent of Child visa, who has told you this? I have not found this restriction in any document I have read about this visa - again, it could be the case though.

Your other options to enter and live in the UK would be a work visa.

How long has your son lived in the UK with his mother?