Family Spouse Visa: Cat B? - Help!

Old Sep 7th 2021, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

jadegreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Family Spouse Visa: Cat B? - Help!

I'm planning on relocating back to the UK with my husband following once his visa is approved. I don't have a confirmed job offer yet but have been earning over the amount required for the last 5 years. My plan was to try and find a job before I reach the UK, but if I can't then return to the UK anyway and try and find one there. Am I correct in thinking that I can still apply under "Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK" because I will:
  1. Have a confirmed job offer (once I get there and find a job); and
  2. Will have evidence that I've earned enough overseas over the last 12 months?
I understand that I have to complete step 1 within three months of my return in order to apply under Cat B: overseas sponsor returning to the UK.

Please help!

Last edited by jadegreen; Sep 7th 2021 at 9:52 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Spouse Visa: Cat B? - Help!

Originally Posted by jadegreen
I'm planning on relocating back to the UK with my husband following once his visa is approved. I don't have a confirmed job offer yet but have been earning over the amount required for the last 5 years. My plan was to try and find a job before I reach the UK, but if I can't then return to the UK anyway and try and find one there. Am I correct in thinking that I can still apply under "Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK" because I will:
  1. Have a confirmed job offer (once I get there and find a job); and
  2. Will have evidence that I've earned enough overseas over the last 12 months?
I understand that I have to complete step 1 within three months of my return in order to apply under Cat B: overseas sponsor returning to the UK.

Please help!

To apply under the Category you have quoted "Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK" you have to have a job to go to:

First, the applicant’s partner must have a confirmed offer of salaried or non-salaried employment to return to in the UK (starting within 3 months of their return).

You can't go to the UK, get a job and then use the above category. Indeed, the above category can be applied for in the US as the sponsor has an employment offer in the UK, and the couple travel over together when visa issued.

If you return to the UK and find a job within 6 months you can apply under:

Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Sep 7th 2021 at 11:46 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

charliea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
To apply under the Category you have quoted "Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK" you have to have a job to go to:

First, the applicant’s partner must have a confirmed offer of salaried or non-salaried employment to return to in the UK (starting within 3 months of their return).

You can't go to the UK, get a job and then use the above category. Indeed, the above category can be applied for in the US as the sponsor has an employment offer in the UK, and the couple travel over together when visa issued.

If you return to the UK and find a job within 6 months you can apply under:

Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

Hi jade. Can I ask how this went? Did you decide to get a job in Uk first or get a job offer?
im trying to work the same things out.
thanks
Old Sep 14th 2021, 2:48 am
Just Joined

jadegreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Yes, I now have an offer so I think I'll be applying through Cat A: Overseas Sponsor Returning to the UK.