Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Failed Spouse Visa 2018, granted Surinder signh 2019, living abroad since

Failed Spouse Visa 2018, granted Surinder signh 2019, living abroad since

Old Apr 13th 2023, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Richiesuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Failed Spouse Visa 2018, granted Surinder signh 2019, living abroad since

Dear smart forum members, I have a very colourful/strange history with my wife.l, hence I am asking for some hints, thoughts you might have. I was born in Hungary, than moved to UK and did my naturalization in 2012 so became dual citizen. I met my wife in 2017 and we got married that year in Peru. (I was still living in UK.) We did all the official translation and Apostille procedures.In 2018 she applied for Spouse visa and we failed because she did accidentally B1 generic IELTS language exam instead of the required A1 for immigration porpuses. We were devastated because of the rejection and she did the A1 in Chile, but in the meantime I got a job offer in Malta and we moved there in 2019 using my european passport and the free european family reunification rule After 6+months living in malta we did the Surinder signh route and we got the permit. We went to UK with this permit, just for a short visit. In the mean time Brexit hapoened and we can hear not so good news from my foreiger friends and from newa about racism, and declining economy, etc Also my wife had an endangered pregnancy so we decided to move back to my parents home in Hungary and have a secure and peaceful time preparing for giving birth. In the meantime we found out that the law has changed and they were accepting the higher language exams, like my wife did before. Now we live in NL and have 2 children (1 was born in Hungary, 1 is in NL) both of us working also. We are considering to go back to UK because we think we could integrate much better than here in NL (language barrier, etc).In the meantime, both of my son's got the British passport. My question is, is there any way we can challange that failed Visa because of the language requirement changes? Also looking back and realizing that not using the Surinder signh route is a bit frustrating now, and we regret it, but that time we decided the best for the family's health situation. I cannot find any real details about accomodation requirements if we would like to apply from abroad. Donwe have to rent something from abroad, before even we apply?! It really doesn't make sense.Also the application would take approx 6 montha, and I saw there is no priority at the moment? Also I might be able to ask my friend who has a big house to confirm that he would accommodate us. I could have a job offer from UK (have to start in 3 months after getting the visa) but again, if the visa process takes 6 months who would five me a job offer in 9 months ahead? Sounds incredible hard. Many thanks for your insight and small help. Thanks, Regards