Error in Spouse immigration Wiki

Old May 23rd 2014, 11:09 am
Just Joined

gdcookuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Error in Spouse immigration Wiki

Hi
Not sure where to post/ask this but I believe there is an error on the Spouse immigration Wiki http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spouse_Immigration-UK

It states that "In a nutshell the new rules require (in almost all cases) a guaranteed annual income of at least £18,600 or savings of over £64,000. IF you are abroad then you will also need to secure a job in the UK before applying for the visa. "

I don't believe that the portion in bold is correct. From what I have read if you are abroad and do not have a job offer in the UK you can still apply for the visa by meeting the income requirements with savings of 64 000 pounds. But you do not need a job offer and the savings.

Can someone let me know if I have this right and if so can we get the wiki amended as I almost had a heart attack.

Cheers

Graham
Old May 23rd 2014, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Error in Spouse immigration Wiki

I agree but the details that follow in the wiki clarify the requirements.

I believe it should say "£62,500 (unless you have dependent children who are not UK citizens, in which case the requirement will be more) If you are abroad then you will also need to secure a job in the UK before applying for the visa, unless you are using savings of £62,500 to meet the financial requirement"
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It's a wiki article ... feel free to edit it, especially if you have a reference. Or comment in the relevant discussion thread.
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michali
I agree but the details that follow in the wiki clarify the requirements.

I believe it should say "£62,500 (unless you have dependent children who are not UK citizens, in which case the requirement will be more) If you are abroad then you will also need to secure a job in the UK before applying for the visa, unless you are using savings of £62,500 to meet the financial requirement"
Thanks for confirming what I thought. I was worried I had lost the plot and completly misunderstood the "rules"
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
It's a wiki article ... feel free to edit it, especially if you have a reference. Or comment in the relevant discussion thread.
Thanks.
But i have tried that and it says it is locked.
Also the discussion link sends me straight back to the Wiki page?
Old May 23rd 2014, 1:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gdcookuk
Thanks.
But i have tried that and it says it is locked.
Also the discussion link sends me straight back to the Wiki page?
If you click on the discussion tab it will take you to the Discussion thread here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653458 That seems to have been closed due to its age but I have now reopened it.

There is no reason why the wiki page should be locked. BE doesn't lock wiki ages, nor do they police the content. If you feel something is wrong, please edit it.
Old May 23rd 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

It was open for me to edit.
Old May 23rd 2014, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you click on the discussion tab it will take you to the Discussion thread here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653458 That seems to have been closed due to its age but I have now reopened it.

There is no reason why the wiki page should be locked. BE doesn't lock wiki ages, nor do they police the content. If you feel something is wrong, please edit it.
Hmmm??? It is open for me to edit too now.

Thanks for your help.