Entry to the UK re: Spouse visa & Covid

Old Feb 4th 2021, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Brightongirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Entry to the UK re: Spouse visa & Covid

I am a UK citizen. My spouse, a US citizen will be applying for a spouse visa. If approved, as things currently stand, will my spouse be able to enter the UK? And, if she is allowed to enter, what will she need to show on entry? (I am under the impression that only UK citizens can currently travel to the UK due to Covid.)
Where do I find this information so I can keep on top of things?
Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 12:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry to the UK re: Spouse visa & Covid

Originally Posted by Brightongirl
I am a UK citizen. My spouse, a US citizen will be applying for a spouse visa. If approved, as things currently stand, will my spouse be able to enter the UK? And, if she is allowed to enter, what will she need to show on entry? (I am under the impression that only UK citizens can currently travel to the UK due to Covid.)
Where do I find this information so I can keep on top of things?
Thanks in advance.
There's no restriction on US citizens entering the UK, although she will need to quarantine on arrival, and have a negative test result etc. More info here - https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

HTH.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info and link - that's a relief!
Old Feb 4th 2021, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There's no restriction on US citizens entering the UK, although she will need to quarantine on arrival, and have a negative test result etc. More info here - https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

HTH.
Never understood why the UK did not ban US citizens from entering, just like the US did for UK citizens. With Covid rampant in many States it would have seemed the obvious thing to do.
Old Feb 4th 2021, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

I agree; it is rampant over here in the US. Also, I've read that some people are doctoring Covid test results by changing dates etc. so people may be getting in with false data. I'll keep a close eye on any changes to the policies.