English Language Requirement

Old Mar 25th 2019, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

SamMalik is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow English Language Requirement

Hi. I wanted to ask a question about the English language requirement for Family/Spouse visa for the first time. Can I attach my IELTS certificate which is equal to CEFR Level B2 (expiring on 8 April 2019) or I have to take the test? Also, I have an Advance Diploma in Accounting and Business from ACCA and a letter of confirmation stating this is equal to Bachelors degree in the UK. Will anyone one of the option would be worth to provide the Home office as evidence.

Last edited by SamMalik; Mar 25th 2019 at 10:44 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2019, 10:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Language Requirement

What kind of IELTS is it? Academic or Life Skills? Has your degree been assessed by NARIC?
Old Mar 25th 2019, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

that was Academic. No, it's not been assessed by NARIC. Shall I need to get the statement of comparability from NARIC?
Old Mar 25th 2019, 11:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so you can't use either of them to meet the English language requirement. If you are sure that your qualification will be considered to be the equivalant of a bachelor's degree in the UK and the language of instruction was English then go for NARIC. Otherwise sit a B1 or higher Life Skills test.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your advice. Could you please tell me which is better to take A1 or A2. Would A2 make any difference to my Leave to Remain. Cause I have heard that if you have done A2 for the first time then you don’t have to do it again after 2.5 years and the length of the Leave to Remain reduces to 5years route only.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 12:09 pm

I would sit at least B1 as you’ll be able to use it all the way to citizenship.