EEA2 or FMRS???

Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:10 am
Just Joined

metheor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA2 or FMRS???

Hi, my wife just got UK Entry Clerance, type: EEA Family Permit. Now we wonder if she can work in UK or not? There is company that wants to employ her but we are not sure if it's already possible for my wife to work under that visa. She used to work in UK 3 years ago when she got work permit visa and she even got registered with WRS. Now we wonder if she should apply for EEA2 or FMRS since eea family p. is valid for only 6 months.

The BUT is: I used to work in UK for over 4 years got WRS registration as well of course. But for the last 15 months I was living abroad, meaning not in UK. Now Im back, I have address and status of a jobseeker. EEA2 requires for EEA national (meaning me) to work for mionimum 12 months in UK continously, I don't know if it should be within the recent time or it's still OK as long as I've worked for longer than one year in the past?

I still have proof of previous employment.

Thanks all for the reply.