EEA Spouse Visa for UK

Old Jul 1st 2014, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

nadine23 is on a distinguished road
Default EEA Spouse Visa for UK

Hi - I just wanted to verify and hopefully someone can assist. I've read the information on the UK immigration website and I think I understand but not 100% sure.

I am a British Citizen by birth and have been in Australia for almost 7 years. I also now have Australian Citizenship. My Fiancee is an Australian Citizen by birth, we are getting married later this year and are thinking of going to live in the UK for a couple of years. We have no children.

Am I correct in assuming that for him to get a spouse visa I either need to be in the UK with a salary of £18,600 per year or we need to show that we have savings of £62,500 between us?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA Spouse Visa for UK

Originally Posted by nadine23
Hi - I just wanted to verify and hopefully someone can assist. I've read the information on the UK immigration website and I think I understand but not 100% sure.

I am a British Citizen by birth and have been in Australia for almost 7 years. I also now have Australian Citizenship. My Fiancee is an Australian Citizen by birth, we are getting married later this year and are thinking of going to live in the UK for a couple of years. We have no children.

Am I correct in assuming that for him to get a spouse visa I either need to be in the UK with a salary of £18,600 per year or we need to show that we have savings of £62,500 between us?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes unless he can get Ancestry Visa by having a grandparent born there!
Old Jul 1st 2014, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

nadine23 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Yes unless he can get Ancestry Visa by having a grandparent born there!
Thank you - this is what I thought. Much appreciated.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 7:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If he has any other recent European heritage then that may entitle him to a EEA passport that would allow him to live and work in the UK without a visa.