EEA Family Permit Process

Old May 31st 2012, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

goingabroad80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA Family Permit Process

Hi, I'd love to hear from someone who successfully went through the EEA Family permit route from outside the UK. I am a Dutch national married to a Chilean, with 2 kids currently living in Chile. We hope to move back in June next year. How quickly did the visa office reply and does one have to also go for an interview to the Embassy? Is an English test required too? Also, as we have so much to organise once we get accepted (sell the car, move out, get the cats checked and get their shots done etc etc..) what do we do if we arrive with just a month left on the permit? Can my husband just apply for an extension once there? I think the whole time thing worries me more than anything.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

miffy80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EEA Family Permit Process

Hi there,

I have gone through this process about 8 years ago so the info I give might be not really up to date.

When I applied EEA family permit through my husband the process took about one week. After sending out the application form to the British high commission, they called me and did a telephone interview. The lady just asked me how I met my husband and stuff. It was very simple.

As soon as I have arrived to the UK, I was able to apply for the residence permit. The process was not complicated.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

arcek is an unknown quantity at this point

hello there..THIS IS URGENT,PLEASE ANYONE KINDLY RESPOND.
im an indian national and my wife is a portuguese national.i currently hold a portuguese residency card.we plan to move to the UK.my wife is a doctor and currently working in portugal,iam curently working part time here in portugal.i had applied for an EEA FAMILY PERMIT,which i recieved and is valid till feb 2013.we were planning to relocate to the uk together but now it wont be possible as i have to go to india for some urgent work.since we cannot enter the uk together is it possible that she goes a few days before and i join her after a few days.the UKBA site says that the eea national must be travelling to the uk with me the non EEA national family member or the non eea national joins the eea national living in the uk.will the immigration ask me any documents apart from my marriage certificate,my insurance and my family permit.can they refuse me entry in to the uk to meet my wife.we are married for 2 years.or is it safe that we travel together ,because the only reason i was doing this so that i cud directly come to england from india rather than going to portugal and then to the uk..i also plan to apply for residency in the uk after im there,is it mandatory that my wife stay with me till the process is going on bcoz she may have to travel to portugal for some work.any help will be greatly appreciated..thank you
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

farouk198830 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello guys,

i am algerian nationality married to polish nationality in london but due to some reasons my wife had to go back to study in poland and me due to my visa expiry i had to go back to algerian so i am currently in algeria trying to join my wife we want to go back to london

is it possible to apply for eea family permit from algeria knowing that my wife hasnt lived in the uk more than 3 months but she does hold a national insurance number

is it enough to have national insurance number to prove that she is a qualified person

thanks guys
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:25 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Given the complexity of this issue and the fact you have already posted on a specific immigration website, it may be better to stick with the advice given from the folk on that site.