EEA family permit

Old Jun 20th 2015, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

chanchal.kumar82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA family permit

Dear All,

I am totally confused & do not know where to to start off. I have been doing online check from last month & gone through several sites. And finally landed up in this forum. Hope people on this forum will help & guide me.

2 years & 4 months back I got married to a divorcee who already had a daughter of 9 years. My wife had legal divorce with her first husband, later we got married legally & then I adopted her first daughter legally. From our marriage we have another daughter of 14 months. I am an Indian & My wife is an EEA citizen & last month went to settle down in UK. My both daughters & I would like to join my wife in UK. Even my wife is also struggling to know ways to get us there. She has started working in UK & trying to get us there ASAP.

As per my online research I guess we would need EEA family permit to join my wife in UK. Can anyone please advice how can we join my wife soon. Where we can apply & what documents required & how long will EEA family permit process takes? Waiting for replies........

Thank you very much in advance.......
Old Jun 20th 2015, 11:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA family permit

Start here: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

You'll need to apply online for your EEA Family Permits and then visit your local Visa Application Centre to submit your passports and supporting documents. Both you and your daughters will each need to make a separate application however there is no charge for a EEA Family Permit. These will usually be issued within a few days.

Once you arrive in the UK it is a good idea to apply for your EEA Residence Cards as soon as possible. These are valid for five years and will prove your and your daughters' right to live, work and study in the UK. It will also allow you to leave and enter the UK without applying for another EEA Family Permit each time and it will allow you to visit the rest of the EEA without requiring a visa. Each residence card costs £65. Be aware that these can take up to six months to be issued and you will need to surrender your passport so make sure you make photocopies of both your and your daughters' passports and EEA Family Permits before you send off your applications.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card
Old Jun 21st 2015, 4:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA family permit

Originally Posted by chanchal.kumar82
Dear All,

I am totally confused & do not know where to to start off. I have been doing online check from last month & gone through several sites. And finally landed up in this forum. Hope people on this forum will help & guide me.

2 years & 4 months back I got married to a divorcee who already had a daughter of 9 years. My wife had legal divorce with her first husband, later we got married legally & then I adopted her first daughter legally. From our marriage we have another daughter of 14 months. I am an Indian & My wife is an EEA citizen & last month went to settle down in UK. My both daughters & I would like to join my wife in UK. Even my wife is also struggling to know ways to get us there. She has started working in UK & trying to get us there ASAP.

As per my online research I guess we would need EEA family permit to join my wife in UK. Can anyone please advice how can we join my wife soon. Where we can apply & what documents required & how long will EEA family permit process takes? Waiting for replies........

Thank you very much in advance.......
I'll move your thread to the UK forum