Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Does it seem like I have everything needed mail in my application?

Does it seem like I have everything needed mail in my application?

Old Feb 10th 2016, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

mayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nice
Default Does it seem like I have everything needed mail in my application?

Ok - I've put together my package to mail in and this is what I have:

-Printed application
-Passport (with several blank pages and doesn't expire until late next year)
-2 passport sized photos
-Marriage certificate (do they need the original or will a copy suffice?)
-6 months of pay stubs from my husband's job that he has had for 2 years making well over the required 18,600
-Letter of offer for employment in the UK exceeding the required 18,600 with a start date 3 weeks after our arrival to the UK
-Stamped receipt from the biometric appointment
-Fully addressed prepaid electronic shipping label for them to send my documents back to me

Is it necessary to send in pictures show casing our relationship or anything like that? We have been married for 4 1/2 years, lived the first two in the UK and have spent the remaining years here in the US.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does it seem like I have everything needed mail in my application?

- Completed Appendix 2
- Proof of accommodation in UK
- 6 month bank statements corresponding to payslips
- Letter of introduction from sponsor detailing history of relationship/photos of relationship
- Proof of relationship-joint bank accounts/joint utility bills
- Copy of sponsor's bio page from passport
-Reference number of Immigration Health Surcharge and payment reference should be somewhere on the application package

You should enclose copies of the original documents you are sending so ECO can keep copies and return originals to you.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

mayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nice

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
- Completed Appendix 2
- Proof of accommodation in UK
- 6 month bank statements corresponding to payslips
- Letter of introduction from sponsor detailing history of relationship/photos of relationship
- Proof of relationship-joint bank accounts/joint utility bills
- Copy of sponsor's bio page from passport
-Reference number of Immigration Health Surcharge and payment reference should be somewhere on the application package

You should enclose copies of the original documents you are sending so ECO can keep copies and return originals to you.
awesome, thank you SO much, seems like I'm missing quite a lot!

What will suffice as proof of accommodation? We will be staying with his parents while we figure out where we want to live.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Do parents own home? If so, letter giving permission from parents and copy of mortgage/deeds of home to prove they own it.

If rented, letter of permission from landlord/housing association etc.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Do parents own home? If so, letter giving permission from parents and copy of mortgage/deeds of home to prove they own it.

If rented, letter of permission from landlord/housing association etc.
Thanks again for the advice! They own so I will get a copy of the mortgage to prove it and a letter from them stating we will be allowed to live there.