Do these docs look OK? Family/wife visa From MX -> UK

Old Jun 28th 2023, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

loveycomma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do these docs look OK? Family/wife visa From MX -> UK

Hi all, thanks very much for everything you do here, I can't tell you how much you've helped me with many of my queries by searching. Currently my wife Maria is in Mexico and we're going to apply this Friday/Saturday. We're submitting documents via the online form via VFS global, and also paying for the expedited (£500 thingy) service.

Do these documents look OK to you guys?
  • Cover letter
  • Index letter outlining documents and reason for including them
  • Documentation of pregnancy of my wife for purposes of full disclosure, due on 1 December (From her doctor in Mexico)
Primary documents asked for in the application process
  • Copy of my wife's passport including photo page and stamps from her previous visit to UK
  • Copy of IELTS Life Skills B1 Speaking and Listening Test Report Form
  • A copy of our marriage certificate
  • Divorce certificate (Decree of absolute) showing my previously dissolved marriage in 2016
  • Copy of my passport including stamp pages (I am a british citizen born in the UK)

Proof of relationship
Note: was there for 1 year with her, before that we were on long-distance relationship but I was visiting her in Mexico. After the 1 year I had to return to the UK from Mexico in April of this year, had to save up for process between April and now, applying July at the latest.
  • Marriage certificate from Mexico, translated certified from Spanish to English
  • Photos from between 2019 - 2023 (Exception of 2021 during pandemic) and our wedding
  • Evidence of flights (7+) and accommodation when I went to see my wife while we were dating, and then when I went there to live with her for 1 year (between 2019 and 2022 when I moved and returning back in 2023)
  • Letter from Letting agency in Mexico confirming we stayed in the apartment (apartment was rented to us and all the bills were in the landlady's name except internet and gas, which were in my wife's name)
Financial documents
Taking route to go off my wage as it is significantly above the requirement.
  • Bank statements from June 2022 - May 2023
  • Payslips from June 2022 - May 2023
  • P60 from my employer showing 2022-2023
  • Offer letter from my employer for my current job
  • Employment contract for my current job
  • Letter confirming current employment for my current job
Accommodation
  • Tenancy agreement from company renting me my apartment (been in apt for 3 months currently)
  • Confirmation letter from the letting company confirming the size and number of rooms in the apartment.

Last edited by loveycomma; Jun 28th 2023 at 9:11 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2023, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do these docs look OK? Family/wife visa From MX -> UK

What financial category are you applying under? Cat A or B. As a UK resident or returning from overseas?
I ask as I see you are providing 12 months of payslips and you say 'are returning back in 2023'
Where do you currently live/work - UK or Mexico?
Old Jun 28th 2023, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What financial category are you applying under? Cat A or B. As a UK resident or returning from overseas?
I ask as I see you are providing 12 months of payslips and you say 'are returning back in 2023'
Where do you currently live/work - UK or Mexico?
Sorry, I live in the UK, I have worked for the same company for 3 years, so as a UK resident, working in the UK

By “returning back” I meant I have returned back to the UK, apologies for the confusion
Old Jun 29th 2023, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loveycomma
Sorry, I live in the UK, I have worked for the same company for 3 years, so as a UK resident, working in the UK

By “returning back” I meant I have returned back to the UK, apologies for the confusion
.... so why are you presenting 12 months of payslips when you only need to show 6 months of payslips and bank statements for Cat A (with employer over 6 months and earning over the 18,600GBP minimum)
It's best to keep it simple.
Old Jun 29th 2023, 3:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi loveycomma, welcome to BE

I just want to check that you're sure that your wife can get the priority processing service for her visa. I'm assuming she's applying from VFS Global in Mexico City? I checked the 'premium services' offered by this centre and priority processing doesn't seem to be offered.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/mex/en/dnk/premium-services

This is the UK government's page on priority and super priority processing for visa applications outside the UK
https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-v...outside-the-uk

Best if you check to make sure that priority processing will be offered. Given your wife's pregnancy (congratulations!), you'll want to be relatively certain of processing times as airlines usually don't permit passengers to fly if they're more than ** weeks into their pregnancy, actual number depends on the individual airline's policy.
Old Jun 29th 2023, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks to both! Will change to 6 months only to reduce complication 👍

In terms of the service, it’s the Guadalajara office for VFS but I can’t find that service either so it looks like it’s not going to be available either way - has anyone posted any processing times recently from Mexico?

I checked with Aeroméxico and they advised more than 32 weeks requires a medical
certificate, and my wife’s doctor mentioned 36 weeks was OK so we can get that for her to fly.

If the time isn’t priority then it’s just we’ll wait for the response, and then we will fly back together in January with the newborn if it doesn’t arrive in time ☺️

Last edited by loveycomma; Jun 29th 2023 at 7:48 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Just as an update - Visa was approved on 18/08/2023. I spoke to a Lawyer beforehand but, wasn't of much use to be honest. Took about 4 weeks all told, so not all bad!
Old Aug 26th 2023, 12:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!