Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Do I need to include passport photos with a settlement visa application?

Do I need to include passport photos with a settlement visa application?

Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light
Question Do I need to include passport photos with a settlement visa application?

Hello,

Do I have to include some printed passport photos in my wife's application bundle? She is the applicant and I'm the sponsor. I can't see any mention of printed passport photos on the online Visa4UK website or in the Appendix 2 document. Are they required?

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by mark_sheffield; Mar 27th 2019 at 10:21 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need to include passport photos with a settlement visa application?

I was just about to ask this as I'm submitting on Fri and need to know. I have seen people say their passport photographs were returned intact.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need to include passport photos with a settlement visa application?

Whilst it’s debatable how useful it will be it is still listed as a requirement on the official guidelines.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...settlement.pdf
Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Whilst it’s debatable how useful it will be it is still listed as a requirement on the official guidelines.

Thank you BIP
Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light

This document also states that previous passports need to be submitted. Will photocopies be okay or do they need the actual passport?

Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark_sheffield
This document also states that previous passports need to be submitted. Will photocopies be okay or do they need the actual passport?

Thanks
You should send the applicant’s previous passports.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2019, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Wow! Thank God these questions are being asked today. I was going to send only the copies of stamped pages
Old Mar 27th 2019, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

This document states applicant should show their employment details ie business registration details. I was earlier advised here not to include those as it's not important to a settlement application. What do I do now? Do I add my business registration certificate? Also is my previous marriage certificate necessary? We divorced and I have my new marriage certificate. Do I need to add the former one? What about a utility bill to show my address in my country? Pls help. Thank you
Old Mar 27th 2019, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by OSJG
This document states applicant should show their employment details ie business registration details. I was earlier advised here not to include those as it's not important to a settlement application. What do I do now? Do I add my business registration certificate? Also is my previous marriage certificate necessary? We divorced and I have my new marriage certificate. Do I need to add the former one? What about a utility bill to show my address in my country? Pls help. Thank you
You don’t need to show the applicant’s employment details unless you are using them to meet the financial requirements.

You should add your decree absolute for your previous marriage; the marriage certificate itself isn’t required.

Adding something with your address is probably a good idea.
Old Mar 27th 2019, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

You don’t need to show the applicant’s employment details unless you are using them to meet the financial requirements.

You should add your decree absolute for your previous marriage; the marriage certificate itself isn’t required.

Adding something with your address is probably a good idea.
Ok I will do just that. Thank you so much BIP