Did we get the settlement visa or not ?

Old Nov 10th 2015, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

gjscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did we get the settlement visa or not ?

Hi,

I finally got a response with some actual information regarding the status of my wife's settlement VISA application from the email contact service:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

The response is shown below.
What I am dying to know is what does this actually mean, do we have the VISA or not?

Has anyone here had this response, and was your application approved ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your visa application. I have tracked the status (GWF????????? and date of birth
??/??/????) and found that the application has been processed and a decision has been made and it should be with you in the next few days.

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery.

If you have purchased a courier service then your documents will be dispatched to the delivery address you have provided. We appreciate your patience while you wait to receive your documents.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select appropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 12:12 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did we get the settlement visa or not ?

It means they have reached a decision, no more, no less.

I suggest that you stop torturing yourself and wait for another couple of days until you are notified formally.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It means they have reached a decision, no more, no less.

I suggest that you stop torturing yourself and wait for another couple of days until you are notified formally.
That's easy for you to say

I do know what that statement means, I was trying to find out if it had a hidden meaning, and has anybody had the same response and been approved, or vice versa.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 12:23 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gjscott
That's easy for you to say

I do know what that statement means, I was trying to find out if it had a hidden meaning, and has anybody had the same response and been approved, or vice versa.
IMO it has been written to avoid giving any meaning, and therefore two other people might have received the same message as you but experienced different outcomes. In truth you could find 99 people who experienced the same outcome and you might still be the one who ends up with a different outcome.

I can guarantee that you won't reach a certain outcome ahead of your formal notification, but there is a very real chance you could start celebrating or crying and find out later that you had prematurely reached the wrong conclusion.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 10th 2015 at 12:27 am.
Old Nov 17th 2015, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

OK, we have a new email, but still no actual confirmation that our application has been approved. They're just returning our 'application'.

Date: November 17, 2015 at 12:10:28 AM PST
To:
Subject: Your Visa Application: VAF ******
Dear ********,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF********
For: *********

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to [email protected].

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre will be returned there for you to collect.

Applications submitted in Yaounde, Dakar, Banjul, and Lagos Visa Application Centres will be available for collection 3 - 5 days after receipt of this email. Please do not attend these VACs until this time has passed, or until you are notified that your documents are ready for collection.

Applications submitted at the mobile VAC in Abidjan will be returned by courier directly to the address you have provided.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in North America and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you. If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference. Please note that if you applied at the Toronto Visa Application Centre on or after 28 April 2015, and have paid for your documents to be returned directly to you, you will shortly receive your tracking number from the Visa Application Centre rather than from this office.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section
Old Nov 18th 2015, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You applied from the US - did you enclose the pre-paid courier envelope?

The e-mail you received said you would get a tracking reference.

The e-mail tells you nothing I'm afraid.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You applied from the US - did you enclose the pre-paid courier envelope?

The e-mail you received said you would get a tracking reference.

The e-mail tells you nothing I'm afraid.
We have a tracking reference and the passport will get there on Thursday, but does it have a visa or not ?
Old Nov 18th 2015, 7:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

We have a tracking reference and the passport will get there on Thursday, but does it have a visa or not ?
You'll find out on Thursday.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"He wants it all and he wants it NOW.!
Deferred gratification ?
Let us know when you get the result !
Old Nov 18th 2015, 11:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Every single person who applies for a visa goes through this, including me! You have absolutely no option but to wait. Good luck.
Old Nov 18th 2015, 11:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
"He wants it all and he wants it NOW.!
Deferred gratification ?
Let us know when you get the result !
Old Nov 18th 2015, 12:41 pm

.... does it have a visa or not ?
Yes.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Well, our VISA application was refused.

These are the issues:

You have not provided any information to indicate where you and your sponsor will live in the UK. - I did, I clearly wrote the address on my application !!
I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P. 1.1 (d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1).
You have not provided any information to indicate where you and your sponsor will live in the UK.
I am therefore not satisfied that you will be adequately accommodated without recourse to public funds.
I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P. 1.1 (d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.4)

They state I don't meet the financial requirements. I actually do, I was just too conservative declaring my income and made a calculation error which showed I only earned £18,060 pa, £540 short of the requirement.

I provided only 6 months of bank statements and they want 12 months.

I provided mortgage documents to prove I own my three rental properties, but they want titles/deeds.

They did not like the fact my name was crossed on the tenancy agreements. My name was crossed to highlight that my father who manages the properties and has power of attorney signed in my place.

I supplied last years tenancy agreements as the new ones had not been received at the time of submission.

All of this can be rectified easily, and we can submit the appeal online.
Watch this space.

We received the notice yesterday, on our first wedding anniversary, so that was nice.

I naively expected that if there was an issue with the application we could resolve it at the time, but they spend 12 weeks doing nothing and just send it all back. We are rapidly running out of time as we have to move out of our current house on Dec 30th and were planning on coming to the UK soon after that.

STRESS !!!!!

Last edited by gjscott; Nov 20th 2015 at 7:10 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You have several issues:

- No accommodation evidence

- Do not meet financial requirements

- Issues with mortgage document. (In your earlier posts you said you were going to included rental income in your application)

I did wonder at the time of your earlier posts as to whether you had produced all the necessary documents and clarified how you were going to qualify for the financial requirements.

You sent your first post to the forum 12 August asking about using rental income and by 24 had sent in your application.

Most people do not get all their docs together in 2 weeks!

What category did you apply under?

Note that an appeal can take months.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You have several issues:

- No accommodation evidence

- Do not meet financial requirements

- Issues with mortgage document. (In your earlier posts you said you were going to included rental income in your application)

I did wonder at the time of your earlier posts as to whether you had produced all the necessary documents and clarified how you were going to qualify for the financial requirements.

You sent your first post to the forum 12 August asking about using rental income and by 24 had sent in your application.

Most people do not get all their docs together in 2 weeks!

What category did you apply under?

Note that an appeal can take months.
We easily qualify for a settlement visa, I just was a little naive and modest about our financial stability.
I've supplied all the proof in the appeal, so I'm hopeful it won't take long. The appeal process was all online, and my father in England is going to post the supporting documents from there tomorrow so they'll receive them quickly.

for a quick turn around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.