Desperate help needed- surrinder singh

Old Sep 9th 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice
Default Re: Desperate help needed- surrinder singh

Originally Posted by nigelkembrey
Hi Angela, thank you for this much more readable summary.
It does confirm what I already understood.
However, do we have any examples of durable relationships that passed using Singh ?
The UK do not play ball , Singh took them to court because the UK were not respecting this legislation and won. Home office guidance within the EEA Permit rules has a special section for Singh and UK nationals , which states that cases similar to Singh will be admitted, it is different to the rest of the site quoting only married couples and civil partnerships, the rest of the EEA permit site allows durable partnerships, only the UK section does not mention this, that is why I am trying to find somebody who succeeded with a durable partner and until now I cant find one single example.... and I am panicking yes.
To be honest Nigel, it's fairly recent that people have started documenting their experiences on ss. When I started, I couldn't find anyone who had done it so did it on a wing and a prayer. I can't recall anyone who has done it in a durable partnership bit if your look on the www.britcits.com website, there are lots of personal stories posted, you might possibly get someone's perspective there relating to partnership. BritCits is probably the most collective website around as Steven is relentless in promoting this route.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice

The following has been copied over from the Home office RIGHTS OF NON-EEA NATIONAL FAMILY MEMBERS OF EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA) NATIONALS:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

²EC law now recognises “durable relationships”. For this reason an applicant may also be considered under regulation 8 if s/he:
Is the EEA national‟s partner (other than a civil partner) and can show the decision maker that s/he is in a durable relationship with the EEA national.
For guidance on how to assess if a relationship is durable, see Chapter 5 of the ECIs..

Directive 2004/38 refers to facilitating the entry and residence of any member of the family who meets any of the above conditions. Providing that a person falls within one of these categories, we may issue a residence card if in all the circumstances it appears appropriate to do so. The Directive states:

“The host Member State shall undertake an extensive examination of the personal circumstances and shall justify any denial of entry or residence to these people”
When deciding whether it is appropriate in all the circumstances to issue a residence card, we must assess whether refusing the family member would deter the EEA national from exercising his/her Treaty rights or would create an effective obstacle to exercise of Treaty rights. Each case must be assessed on an individual basis but an example of where it might be appropriate to issue a residence card would be if the family member was very elderly or incapacitated. In assessing such cases, it would be important to consider whether there were any relatives to care for him/her in the home country.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

I thought I should update for the purposes of accurate information. Nigel received a mail from the Home Office to state that he cannot use the Surinder Singh route as a durable couple.

As I understand it, a durable partner is classed as extended family under regulation 8, persons under regulation 8 do not have an automatic right to residency in the UK.

I am told that a number of couples have gone down this route. However, as with a lot of advice in forums, it is often circumstantial.

Someone who was just about to embark on this route has contacted Solvit to query this rule.

I will update when she has received a reply.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 10:15 am
Just Joined

CreteIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, new to the thread. I've been living here in Crete for just over 2 months now, came here at the end of July to live with my Russian wife. Spending a lot of time just writing, that's my main thing. Registered with Tax Authorities but as tax year Jan-Jan, haven't paid any yet..good as no income yet.
Applied for a visa to UK for my wife to accompany me to my parent's Diamond Wedding ceremony in October...UKBA refused! Maybe this is a way of actually getting her in!
I've already got the flight tickets, if I get evidence about bills etc, would there be any chance?

anyone...advice, please
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Ian you should start a new thread for maximum exposure to your issue. Cheers.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CreteIan
Hi, new to the thread. I've been living here in Crete for just over 2 months now, came here at the end of July to live with my Russian wife. Spending a lot of time just writing, that's my main thing. Registered with Tax Authorities but as tax year Jan-Jan, haven't paid any yet..good as no income yet.
Applied for a visa to UK for my wife to accompany me to my parent's Diamond Wedding ceremony in October...UKBA refused! Maybe this is a way of actually getting her in!
I've already got the flight tickets, if I get evidence about bills etc, would there be any chance?

anyone...advice, please
On what grounds did they refuse? Did you apply for a full; priced visa (only need this if you are noit travelling together) or a family visit permit (free and the same permit you need to move back under Singh)