Old Mar 21st 2016, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

TM Q is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Picked up my child's passport today Alhamdulliah

Applied first week of July 2015.
Interview on :30th December 2015
DNA done on 2nd February 2016.
Passport dispatched to BHC Pakistan on 04th March 2016.
Passport collected gerry fedex today.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:29 am
Just Joined

M4LIK is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulation
Can u tell me with the phone call did you get a email as well
Did the security at the British embassy Islamabad is heavily guarded they don't let you in without a letter
Old Apr 6th 2016, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

LadyIJO is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Guys! This thread has been super quiet recently.

I have been a silent follower of this thread for quite some time. Just like Knightestrike, I applied for my first british passport (Adult) from overseas. Below is my timeline.

Application sent to the UK: 5/12/2015
Received by the Durham Passport Office: 09/12/2015
Called for interview: 14/3/15
Interview took place at High Commission: 21/3/2016
Passport Printed: 29/3/2016
Supporting docs delivered to the High Commision: 1/4/2016
Passport delivered to British High Commission : 2/4/2016
Passport and supporting documents collected today: 4/6/2016

Thanks to all the personalities that have offered advice on this thread, especially BritInParis, I admire the time you take to offer your advice and insight on this forum.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

asifzadran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dear I have been through the whole situation when I called the passport office yesterday they said your children passport are printed on 22nd March 2016 and they are on the way.
And today my brother in Pakistan got a phone call from the embassy of UK to come on 21st April and collect your documents.
My query is from you sir if you could give me information I will be very grateful
What documents did you took with you
Was it the embassy that you collect the passport from or FedEx because I am so confused I was told that your passport will be delivered to FedEx and now the embassy called my brother please explain it a little bit.
Thank you very much in advance
And congratulations
Best of luck
Old Apr 6th 2016, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

LadyIJO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asifzadran
Hi dear I have been through the whole situation when I called the passport office yesterday they said your children passport are printed on 22nd March 2016 and they are on the way.
And today my brother in Pakistan got a phone call from the embassy of UK to come on 21st April and collect your documents.
My query is from you sir if you could give me information I will be very grateful
What documents did you took with you
Was it the embassy that you collect the passport from or FedEx because I am so confused I was told that your passport will be delivered to FedEx and now the embassy called my brother please explain it a little bit.
Thank you very much in advance
And congratulations
Best of luck

I didn't apply from Pakistan but from my experience, FedEx will deliver the passport to the Embassy and you will go to the Embassy to collect the passport. In my case they told me I could bring any printout of emails received by me from UK passport office.

I just showed that to them as identification they also said I could bring the DHL slip I received when I sent my application to the UK but I didn't have it, so I just did a printout of a mail I received when I tried to track my application in January.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

TM Q is an unknown quantity at this point

I collected my passport from fedex not from British high commision.
They will need your national identity card ,authority letter from you and time of Submission the letter they have given you.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 5:23 am
Nousheen

nosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can any one tell how long they take to deliver passport once u receive email that passport has been printed n dispatched.We are waiting from last week but dont have any tracking dhl id.BHC is unable to help.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nosh
Hi can any one tell how long they take to deliver passport once u receive email that passport has been printed n dispatched.We are waiting from last week but dont have any tracking dhl id.BHC is unable to help.

My took two weeks from
The time of dispatch from U.K. To arrive in Pakistan
Forget tracking it as its a waste of time the tracking only shows u it leaving Liverpool passport office and getting signed at Heathrow
Once it's reaches Pakistan you get a call from someone to tell u collect it
Old Apr 26th 2016, 6:01 am
Nousheen

Originally Posted by M4LIK
My took two weeks from
The time of dispatch from U.K. To arrive in Pakistan
Forget tracking it as its a waste of time the tracking only shows u it leaving Liverpool passport office and getting signed at Heathrow
Once it's reaches Pakistan you get a call from someone to tell u collect it
Thanku for your reply .u r right tracking id is just telling the same u mentioned.now dont have any idea how long they gonna take .already waited one n half years ..can't wait anymore ..
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:37 am
Just Joined

once it's left Liverpool passport office it willi not take more two weeks
You get a call on the phone number you provided them with
Old May 2nd 2016, 7:44 pm
Nousheen

Alhamdulilah received our baby's passport today ...
applied nov 2014
interview dec 2015
dna done feb 2016
dna report delivered to HMPO march 2016
passport printed april 2016
received may 2016
Old May 29th 2016, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

peeps123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got the letter from HMPO asking me to send fresh photos so that my son's passport can be issued. Do the fresh photos have to be counter signed again? If so, by the same person who signed for the first batch? It doesn't mention anything about it in the letter that I received and don't want to make a mistake at this stage when I'm so close.
Old May 30th 2016, 10:01 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peeps123
Just got the letter from HMPO asking me to send fresh photos so that my son's passport can be issued. Do the fresh photos have to be counter signed again? If so, by the same person who signed for the first batch? It doesn't mention anything about it in the letter that I received and don't want to make a mistake at this stage when I'm so close.
If they are asking for new photos then yes to both those questions.
Old May 31st 2016, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

loveforever is an unknown quantity at this point

hello ,applied for my son from Iraq in march 2016, received an email confirming that checks has been completed in the UK and the application and supporting docs refereed to oversea for further checks on identity authentication and possibly interview,any idea how this process will take , thanks in advance
Old May 31st 2016, 9:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loveforever
hello ,applied for my son from Iraq in march 2016, received an email confirming that checks has been completed in the UK and the application and supporting docs refereed to oversea for further checks on identity authentication and possibly interview,any idea how this process will take , thanks in advance
Times can vary hugely between applicants depending on circumstances. As Iraq is a high risk country however I would count on six to twelve months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.