Date of settlement application . . . need clarification

Old Feb 7th 2017, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

snufkinette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Date of settlement application . . . need clarification

Hello, helpful people!

We are so grateful for this valuable resource!

We've searched for the answer to this question, but had no luck. I'm willing to bet someone here can help.

My husband is a UKC, and I am a USC. We are in the process of completing my settlement application from the States via the savings route. We understand that we need to have had the savings for six months prior to our application date.

Our question is whether the official application date is the date I sign the declaration or the date we send it with our supporting documents. I want to go ahead and sign so that we can get the ball rolling. I won't get a biometric appoitnment until I've done so, but I'm also aware that I have to send the application within five days of attending. The complication is that we still await the arrival of our paper bank statements from the UK in the post and do not know when they will get here. Hope all this makes sense. It's a simple question, but I'm just trying to explain why it is important to us. Thank you for reading.
Old Feb 7th 2017, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Date of settlement application . . . need clarification

I guess it depends on how quickly you will get an appointment to enrol your biometrics but, personally I would wait until I had my bank statements in my hand! You don't want to be stressing out waiting for those statements after you have done the biometrics and only have five days to send your application, Appendix 2 and all your supporting documents.
Old Feb 7th 2017, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

snufkinette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Date of settlement application . . . need clarification

Thanks for the reply, Michali. That makes sense.

Does anyone know how long it normally is after signing the declaration before attending the appointment?