A couple of quick questions...

Old Jul 4th 2016, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

ProdigalSon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A couple of quick questions...

Good evening BritishExpats.

I hope someone can answer these two questions as I've been unable to find a definitive answer anywhere (so far).

I'm returning to the UK with my Thai wife who is applying for a settlement visa.

I do not have a job lined up, but meet the financial requirement through cash savings and rental income. Am I eligible to apply even though I don't have a job offer in the UK?

Also, on the sponsor's form, it requires proof of my current residency in the UK. How can I satisfy this as I'm returning to the UK at the same time as my wife?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 4th 2016, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A couple of quick questions...

If you qualify under the financial requirements using savings and rental income the, yes, you can apply for the visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Read the above document carefully to see how you qualify.

You need to have accommodation set up before your wife enters the UK - short term rental, staying with family friends etc etc. Start looking for what is available in the area you are returning to.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks SanDiegogirl for the quick reply.

Our accommodation is indeed set up already - we'll be staying with my parents.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProdigalSon
Many thanks SanDiegogirl for the quick reply.

Our accommodation is indeed set up already - we'll be staying with my parents.
So your parents need to provide letter of approval for wife to live in their property and proof that they either rent or own property legally ie. rental evidence, mortgage/deeds of property.
Old Jul 4th 2016, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again for the additional info.

I have the documents you listed regarding my parents' ownership of the property.