British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Correct Address of UKVI office in Sheffield (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/correct-address-ukvi-office-sheffield-908614/)

alexandria Jun 21st 2018 7:15 pm

Re: Correct Address of UKVI office in Sheffield

Hi Everyone! I need some help with my Uk marriage visa. I am applying to move to the uk with to be with my husband. I am from the US. I paid for roundtrip shipping on the vfs global website, but on the label it has a New York address? I thought everything was supposed to be going to Sheffield for settlement visas. Maybe I did something wrong? But im not sure if I can change it now or get a refund?

So my question is: Is UK Visas and Immigration British Consulate General 845 3rd Avenue, 10th Floor New York NY 10022 a correct address to send my settlement visa documents to? Are they a middle man? Im not sure what to do..
If the New York is the wrong address, then what address do I send it to in Sheffield? Thanks in advance!

BritInParis Jun 22nd 2018 3:21 am

Originally Posted by alexandria (Post 12520286)
Hi Everyone! I need some help with my Uk marriage visa. I am applying to move to the uk with to be with my husband. I am from the US. I paid for roundtrip shipping on the vfs global website, but on the label it has a New York address? I thought everything was supposed to be going to Sheffield for settlement visas. Maybe I did something wrong? But im not sure if I can change it now or get a refund?

So my question is: Is UK Visas and Immigration British Consulate General 845 3rd Avenue, 10th Floor New York NY 10022 a correct address to send my settlement visa documents to? Are they a middle man? Im not sure what to do..
If the New York is the wrong address, then what address do I send it to in Sheffield? Thanks in advance!

Have you done your biometrics yet?

alexandria Jun 22nd 2018 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12520488)
Have you done your biometrics yet?

I have. I just did it the 19th of this month. So I'm trying to get my documents sent in. I am trying to contact the ukvi and see if I can get it fixed that way.

BritInParis Jun 22nd 2018 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by alexandria (Post 12520789)
I have. I just did it the 19th of this month. So I'm trying to get my documents sent in. I am trying to contact the ukvi and see if I can get it fixed that way.

Did you select Settlement>Sheffield when purchasing the courier service?

alexandria Jun 22nd 2018 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12520794)
Did you select Settlement>Sheffield when purchasing the courier service?

I think I did, I was doing it kind of in a hurry.. But I know I picked Settlement, just not sure about Sheffield.. Is there anyway I can redo it or do I just go into UPS and pay for it again but with correct labels? Because I am getting no luck getting ahold of anyone to help me.

alexandria Jun 22nd 2018 3:35 pm

I think I can get a refund on the roundtrip service, and maybe try again??

alexandria Jun 27th 2018 6:20 pm

Hello Everyone again! Just wanted to update and say that I figured out what went wrong. I thought settlement was a subcategory and underneath it were the categories you chose from. So I clicked on: Special Visitor-Marriage/Civil P. (Should've been obvious but of course I was going fast and trying to get things done.) So now I know to pick settlement and it chose the correct address and everything lol.

Anyways.... I am emailing the Vfs global website and they're super helpful, and hopefully sending in my documents today after work!
Wish us luck :fingerscrossed:

BritInParis Jun 28th 2018 7:46 am

Originally Posted by alexandria (Post 12523411)
Hello Everyone again! Just wanted to update and say that I figured out what went wrong. I thought settlement was a subcategory and underneath it were the categories you chose from. So I clicked on: Special Visitor-Marriage/Civil P. (Should've been obvious but of course I was going fast and trying to get things done.) So now I know to pick settlement and it chose the correct address and everything lol.

Anyways.... I am emailing the Vfs global website and they're super helpful, and hopefully sending in my documents today after work!

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

RKLEGG Sep 19th 2018 9:39 am

Originally Posted by alexandria (Post 12523411)

Hey! can you let me know what courier service you used to send the documents to sheffield?
I cant find any couriers that can deliver to a PO box and from what Ive read USPS partners with Parcel Force in the UK which wont deliver to PO Boxes.
Hoping to send my documents on Friday from NYC, USA. Such a stressful process!

christmasoompa Sep 19th 2018 10:44 am

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12564997)
Hey! can you let me know what courier service you used to send the documents to sheffield?
I cant find any couriers that can deliver to a PO box and from what Ive read USPS partners with Parcel Force in the UK which wont deliver to PO Boxes.

See the first few posts in this thread - you don't use the PO Box address if you're delivering by courier, you use the other one.

HTH and welcome to the forum.

RKLEGG Sep 19th 2018 10:52 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12565026)
See the first few posts in this thread - you don't use the PO Box address if you're delivering by courier, you use the other one.

HTH and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your response.
According to UKVI website, effective January 30 2017 all settlement visa's need to be sent to the PO Box address.
I dont see anything about US citizens being able to send to the physical address.

em28 Sep 19th 2018 10:53 am

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12564997)

There seems to have been a change in where supporting documents for applications from the USA are to be sent (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa) - They no longer list an address in Sheffield (updated 14/09/2018). Seen discussions about this elsewhere on the web as well.
Hopefully the email confirming the visa application should have those details once you submit the application.

Kimberly1471 Sep 25th 2018 12:14 am

I have a question. Im from California and im applying for UK Fiance Visa. Im aware that I mail documents to:

Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas, PO Box 5852
Sheffield, United Kingdom S11 OFX

however Im struggling to find a post office that delivers to PO Boxes. Anyone have any suggestions? Your help is very much appreciated.

BritInParis Sep 25th 2018 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Kimberly1471 (Post 12567604)
I have a question. Im from California and im applying for UK Fiance Visa. Im aware that I mail documents to:

Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas, PO Box 5852
Sheffield, United Kingdom S11 OFX

however Im struggling to find a post office that delivers to PO Boxes. Anyone have any suggestions? Your help is very much appreciated.

See the previous post. You’ll now post your application to New York if you are applying from the US.

RKLEGG Sep 25th 2018 7:28 am

I’ve just submitted my visa application and settlement visas definitely need to go to Sheffield not New York.

I have a lawyer who has walked me through the whole process.

BritInParis Sep 25th 2018 11:11 am

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12567722)
I’ve just submitted my visa application and settlement visas definitely need to go to Sheffield not New York.

I have a lawyer who has walked me through the whole process.

Not a guarantor of anything I’m afraid if they haven’t kept up with the changes in procedure.

RKLEGG Sep 25th 2018 11:27 am

Thank you for your response. My biometrics confirmation letter states that settlement visas go through o Sheffield and that all other visa types are to be sent to NY.
do you mind forwarding where you found the new submission procedures? Last official update I can find was effective Jan 2018.
Id like to follow up with my lawyer and also let others know.
Thank you in advance.

BritInParis Sep 25th 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12567841)
Thank you for your response. My biometrics confirmation letter states that settlement visas go through o Sheffield and that all other visa types are to be sent to NY.
do you mind forwarding where you found the new submission procedures? Last official update I can find was effective Jan 2018.
Thank you in advance.

Post #52.

Kimberly1471 Sep 27th 2018 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12567841)
Thank you in advance.

Hello. I was reading your reply about where to send visa. I just paid for my online Visa today and I received email stating we mail Non Settlement Visas to New York. However i'm wanting to settle in UK after I marry. So therefore my application should be sent to Sheffield.

How did you do it?

If you did send to Sheffield what service did you use to send International?

RKLEGG Sep 27th 2018 8:53 pm

I got married in NYC as my husband has a green card.
For my spouse visa application I sent the documents to Sheffield and have received a confirmation email stating that my application is being prepared for a decision.

I looked into a visa to get married in the U.K. and it was too much work!!

Kimberly1471 Sep 27th 2018 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12567618)
See the previous post. You’ll now post your application to New York if you are applying from the US.

Even if my application is for: settlement/settlement/marriage.

I want to apply for settlement after I marry in UK within those 6 months.

I received an email after I paid for my visa that applications for Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications are sent to New York and Settlement (Family Migration) are sent to Sheffield.

I know my visa is not for settlement its a 6 month permit to marry. Therefore I'm guessing my application would apply in that category towards New York since it isn't really settlement, right?

Any help is appreciated.

BritInParis Sep 28th 2018 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Kimberly1471 (Post 12569376)
Even if my application is for: settlement/settlement/marriage.

I want to apply for settlement after I marry in UK within those 6 months.

I received an email after I paid for my visa that applications for Non-settlement, EEA and Returning Resident Applications are sent to New York and Settlement (Family Migration) are sent to Sheffield.

I know my visa is not for settlement its a 6 month permit to marry. Therefore I'm guessing my application would apply in that category towards New York since it isn't really settlement, right?

Any help is appreciated.

If you were told to send settlement applications to Sheffield then that is what you should do as yours is a settlement application.

Mrs.E Sep 29th 2018 5:45 am

Hello Everyone,

Just received an email from Sheffield asking me to send supporting documents to:

​​​​​UK Visa and Immigration
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
S11 0FX

But the VFS Global and gov.uk sites instruct I should address it to:

Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas

at the same address... Does it matter who I should address it to? :blink:

Many thanks in advance :)

em28 Sep 29th 2018 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Mrs.E (Post 12569998)
Hello Everyone,

Just received an email from Sheffield asking me to send supporting documents to:

​​​​​UK Visa and Immigration
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
S11 0FX

But the VFS Global and gov.uk sites instruct I should address it to:

Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas

at the same address... Does it matter who I should address it to? :blink:

Many thanks in advance :)

Hi Mrs. E,

I just sent mine to the PO Box and they got it just fine. Infact, I think I just had the address on it (don't think it was addressed to anyone).
I also put my name, GWF number, VAC location (in my case was VAC Perth, Australia) and 'Priority Settlement' on the envelope.

Good luck :)

Mrs.E Sep 29th 2018 6:09 am

Originally Posted by em28 (Post 12570000)
Hi Mrs. E,

I just sent mine to the PO Box and they got it just fine. Infact, I think I just had the address on it (don't think it was addressed to anyone).
I also put my name, GWF number, VAC location (in my case was VAC Perth, Australia) and 'Priority Settlement' on the envelope.

To my rescue again, em28!!

Thank you - you're so great! :starsmile:

em28 Sep 29th 2018 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Mrs.E (Post 12570001)
To my rescue again, em28!!

Thank you - you're so great! :starsmile:

Happy to help Mrs. E :)
This forum has been incredible when I was prepping my application.

Mrs.E Sep 29th 2018 6:27 am

Originally Posted by em28 (Post 12570004)
Happy to help Mrs. E :)
This forum has been incredible when I was prepping my application.

My husband is posting our application to Sheffield today... So nerve wracking! Then its out of our control and we just have to wait.

I honestly don't know how I would've completed our application without this forum :)

​​​​​

em28 Sep 29th 2018 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Mrs.E (Post 12570007)
My husband is posting our application to Sheffield today... So nerve wracking! Then its out of our control and we just have to wait.

I honestly don't know how I would've completed our application without this forum :)

​​​​​

Good luck Mrs. E :)

Alena Mc Nov 4th 2018 8:18 am

Hello everyone! Can anybody say which courier services they used for delivering documents to PO Box?!
Thanks

em28 Nov 4th 2018 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Alena Mc (Post 12587606)
Hello everyone! Can anybody say which courier services they used for delivering documents to PO Box?!
Thanks

I think you need to use a postal service (Royal Mail,etc). None of the courier companies will deliver to a PO Box

Alena Mc Nov 4th 2018 8:23 am

Originally Posted by em28 (Post 12587607)
I think you need to use a postal service (Royal Mail,etc). None of the courier companies will deliver to a PO Box

Thanks! Will do that

Alena Mc Nov 4th 2018 8:56 am

Is it better to send your documents in file folder or only paper format without any files and dividers?

BritInParis Nov 4th 2018 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Alena Mc (Post 12587624)
Is it better to send your documents in file folder or only paper format without any files and dividers?

Don’t send them bound in any way or contained within individual plastic files. If you want to separate different sections then use a cover sheet and a mini bulldog clip. You want to keep them in order but also make it easy for the person receiving them to reorder and/or scan if necessary.

Ashley_bah Nov 9th 2018 7:29 pm

Hi all. Today I send my supporting document to po box 5852 Sheffield United King Dom s11 0fx,the problem is I forgot to write on the top settlement application ,international operation and visas,do you think is it ok? Thanks

Mrs.E Nov 9th 2018 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by em28 (Post 12570000)
Hi Mrs. E,

Originally Posted by Ashley_bah (Post 12590980)
Hi all. Today I send my supporting document to po box 5852 Sheffield United King Dom s11 0fx,the problem is I forgot to write on the top settlement application ,international operation and visas,do you think is it ok? Thanks

Hello Ashley_bah,

I've quoted a post from the lovely em28, who mentioned that she just had the address on the package and they received it fine :)

I hope this helps!

BritInParis Nov 9th 2018 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ashley_bah (Post 12590980)

Did you pay for priority?

Ashley_bah Nov 9th 2018 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12590993)
Did you pay for priority?

what do you mean ?l send by special post and I put extera envelope for return my important document.

BritInParis Nov 10th 2018 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Ashley_bah (Post 12590997)

what do you mean ?l send by special post and I put extera envelope for return my important document.

If you don’t pay for priority then you have nothing to worry about.

Kimberly1471 Nov 19th 2018 6:32 pm

I mailed my Fiance Visa for UK on Oct 4. When I did biometrics they gave me a letter with instructions to mail all of my supporting documentation within 5 days after biometrics to:

VFS Services USA Inc.
UKVI Scanning Hub
750 3rd Avenue
Suite 946
New York NY 10017

So I mailed right away and I received confirmation from UPS that my package was delivered. Then on Nov 2 I received email from Sheffield (UK Decision Making Centre) saying they are in receipt of my application but they have not received my documents to please send to:

Sheffield Visa Section
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

At the bottom it said that if I already mailed or scanned my documents already to disregard this email, so I did. Two weeks later AGAIN I receive same email saying they are in receipt of my application but they don't have my supporting documentation. I'm so confused with the addresses. So I went on the Gov.UK website and paid £5.48 stating that I mailed my documents to New York as instructed when I did my biometrics and why I was being sent this email. All I received was an automated reply stating that my visa is being processed.

So I called UPS to verify address and now UPS is saying they delivered my documents to: Visa and Immigration 845 3rd Ave New York NY. Im so stressed.

Has anyone been having issues with they applications?

RKLEGG Nov 19th 2018 6:39 pm

Hi- I was concerned about the same thing...I was given incorrect information by multiple people, multiple times...
The correct place for USA citizens to send SETTLEMENT applications to is the Sheffield office NOT the NYC address.
I had my lawyer send my application with supporting documents to the Vulcan House, Sheffield address on my behalf (to avoid sending to a PO box & quicker this way).

As an FYI, my Priority visa application was approved 31 days from Biometrics and I am now in the UK with my husband.
Not sure if a fiance visa falls under settlement though...