Copies of all supporting docs for spouse visa?

Old May 2nd 2018, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

captainsolo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Copies of all supporting docs for spouse visa?

Hello,

Can someone please enlighten me: do we need to copy the whole package going to Sheffield and include this complete copy of ALL documents along with the originals, i.e. essentially have 2 envelopes going to UKVI - one with all the originals, the other - full copy of all the originals?

I've heard that many applicants do the copies and include them but is that an official requirement? I cannot seem to find where exactly it says to include copies of all documents - not in the on-line application, not in Appendix 2, not in the official guidance.

Would be grateful for your comments.

Many thanks in advance.
Old May 2nd 2018, 11:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Copies of all supporting docs for spouse visa?

It’s not an official requirement, no. It was previously seen as helpful and may have speeded up the processing of your application and ensured your originals were returned to you intact. However since the Home Office started scanning documents it probably no longer serves a useful purpose.
Old May 14th 2018, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

foudespaves is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I had the same question ... I'd be curious to know - have those that have submitted their application and supporting documents (e.g., 'UK Spouse Visa STRICTLY TIMELINES ONLY - NO CHAT') been sending just one set of documents, or also a second duplicate set/pack/bundle, "just in case"?

Regards,
Sean.
Old May 14th 2018, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

londoner007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Waste of time and money. They scan everything.
Old May 14th 2018, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

foudespaves is an unknown quantity at this point

It's interesting though - various gov.uk "Changes to process" pages still make reference to:
"
Where required, original documents should be provided. If photocopies are also submitted, they must be clear and legible. We also recommend you provide photocopies of all the original documents you submit to help us process your application quickly.
"
(my italics/bold).
e.g.,
http://www.gov.uk/government/news/ch...cants-in-japan
http://www.gov.uk/government/news/ch...ants-in-taiwan
http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Japan/pdf...an-Eng-New.pdf
Old May 15th 2018, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Biglittleben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foudespaves
Hello,

I had the same question ... I'd be curious to know - have those that have submitted their application and supporting documents (e.g., 'UK Spouse Visa STRICTLY TIMELINES ONLY - NO CHAT') been sending just one set of documents, or also a second duplicate set/pack/bundle, "just in case"?

Regards,
Sean.
I only sent about 5 photocopies, they were for my marriage certificate, birth certificate, residence permits for living in china, and my work contract.
All other documents/pages I didn't bother to copy as they are not that important or I didn't mind if they kept them. More often than not though they send everything back including your copies anyway. I guess they still ask just in case they want to keep a hard copy and don't want to print themselves.
Old May 15th 2018, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

warrencoles is an unknown quantity at this point

I know something who just a few weeks ago made copies of everything in two bundles but then got it all back after the HO scanned.

BTW - Has anyone had any success with sending the prepaid envelope separately. My wife has the documents in Taiwan without a prepaid envelope while I am in the UK. I was thinking to send the prepaid separately from here and of course put the GWF number on it, etc? Thanks.
Old May 16th 2018, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Biglittleben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by warrencoles
I know something who just a few weeks ago made copies of everything in two bundles but then got it all back after the HO scanned.

BTW - Has anyone had any success with sending the prepaid envelope separately. My wife has the documents in Taiwan without a prepaid envelope while I am in the UK. I was thinking to send the prepaid separately from here and of course put the GWF number on it, etc? Thanks.
If you send it with a letter explaining you'd like to add it to your partners application and give the GWF reference number they will put it with her other documents.