British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Confusing question on spouse visa application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/confusing-question-spouse-visa-application-936438/)

Fw989 Jan 6th 2021 4:36 pm

Confusing question on spouse visa application

Hi everyone. I am new here. I am currently filling out the spouse visa application for my husband to come to the uk

On the application form, the following question is confusing me:

"Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?"

I am not sure why they are asking me this as I am based in UK, only my husband is coming here. On the form, I have relied solely on cash savings. I checked everything again. The question comes in the finance section after I have declared I am relying solely on cash savings.
In addition I checked the rest of the application and everything is correct. I even wrote no to will i be travelling to uk with applicant. I have declared my British citizenship and shown my British address. Im not sure why this is happening. Please can anyone advise. Thank you

SanDiegogirl Jan 6th 2021 6:33 pm

Re: Confusing question on spouse visa application

What happens if you answer NO?

Some application forms ask similar questions in different parts of the application, just for confirmation purposes.

Fw989 Jan 6th 2021 6:39 pm

Thank you for the reply. I am able to answer no and continue to the next part. No further follow up questions are asked. The next part is Extra Information which asks for any extra information that i need to add to my overall application.

I was thinking of adding something to the extra information section addressing this question. Please see below. Do think this will be a good idea?

" With regards to the question "Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?" - My wife, (sponsorname) lives in the UK and has always lived there. She also works there and has worked at her current role since (date). We have included an employment proof letter."

SanDiegogirl Jan 6th 2021 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Fw989 (Post 12954724)
Thank you for the reply. I am able to answer no and continue to the next part. No further follow up questions are asked. The next part is Extra Information which asks for any extra information that i need to add to my overall application.

I was thinking of adding something to the extra information section addressing this question. Please see below. Do think this will be a good idea?

" With regards to the question "Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?" - My wife, (sponsorname) lives in the UK and has always lived there. She also works there and has worked at her current role since (date). We have included an employment proof letter."

No harm in including such a letter.. your husband will be submitting the application from his home country - Yes?

Fw989 Jan 6th 2021 7:06 pm

Yes that's right, he is.

BritInParis Jan 8th 2021 2:25 am

If you’re solely relying on cash savings then I wouldn’t mention employment. Just keep it simple. The ECO only needs to know how you plan on meeting the financial requirements. Everything else regarding your finances is superfluous and only increases the risk of confusion leading to an incorrect refusal.