Confusing question on spouse visa application

Old Jan 6th 2021, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Fw989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confusing question on spouse visa application

Hi everyone. I am new here. I am currently filling out the spouse visa application for my husband to come to the uk

On the application form, the following question is confusing me:

"Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?"

I am not sure why they are asking me this as I am based in UK, only my husband is coming here. On the form, I have relied solely on cash savings. I checked everything again. The question comes in the finance section after I have declared I am relying solely on cash savings.
In addition I checked the rest of the application and everything is correct. I even wrote no to will i be travelling to uk with applicant. I have declared my British citizenship and shown my British address. Im not sure why this is happening. Please can anyone advise. Thank you
Old Jan 6th 2021, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confusing question on spouse visa application

What happens if you answer NO?

Some application forms ask similar questions in different parts of the application, just for confirmation purposes.
Old Jan 6th 2021, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply. I am able to answer no and continue to the next part. No further follow up questions are asked. The next part is Extra Information which asks for any extra information that i need to add to my overall application.

I was thinking of adding something to the extra information section addressing this question. Please see below. Do think this will be a good idea?

" With regards to the question "Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?" - My wife, (sponsorname) lives in the UK and has always lived there. She also works there and has worked at her current role since (date). We have included an employment proof letter."

Old Jan 6th 2021, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fw989
Thank you for the reply. I am able to answer no and continue to the next part. No further follow up questions are asked. The next part is Extra Information which asks for any extra information that i need to add to my overall application.

I was thinking of adding something to the extra information section addressing this question. Please see below. Do think this will be a good idea?

" With regards to the question "Does (sponsorname) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?" - My wife, (sponsorname) lives in the UK and has always lived there. She also works there and has worked at her current role since (date). We have included an employment proof letter."
No harm in including such a letter.. your husband will be submitting the application from his home country - Yes?
Old Jan 6th 2021, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Yes that's right, he is.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 2:25 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you’re solely relying on cash savings then I wouldn’t mention employment. Just keep it simple. The ECO only needs to know how you plan on meeting the financial requirements. Everything else regarding your finances is superfluous and only increases the risk of confusion leading to an incorrect refusal.