Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Confused about visas, want to live in UK again with my Canadian wife

Confused about visas, want to live in UK again with my Canadian wife

Old Jan 17th 2016, 6:36 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about visas, want to live in UK again with my Canadian wife

Originally Posted by europlatus
Do you mean the equivalent of £18,600 in my current country? I'm self employed and will be continuing my business in the UK.

Therefore I won't be able to provide evidence of earnings in the UK or a job offer. However, I can show that I have been making more than this minimum over in Canada for the past several years. My understanding is that I may have to show evidence that I can continue to make this in the UK.

Your post seems to suggest something a bit different, that I will need either a job offer in England or savings of over £62,500. This would seem a bit harsh on someone with their own business like me.
as a self employed (other than having the cash savings or working for 6 months in the UK), take a look at page 57 onwards in the following link & maybe more specific page 60 & 61 to see if this applies to your situation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ugust_2015.pdf