Company Director Income ILR Application Spouse Visa

Old Feb 10th 2020, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

elonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond repute
Default Company Director Income ILR Application Spouse Visa

Hi Folks,
I'm getting myself in a bit of a muddle as I finish off my husband's ILR application. I'm a company director and derive my income from there (such joy for these forms!). The company is jointly held with my spouse.

When they ask me for my income - am I right in my interpretation that this my income from Salary and Dividends from the period covered by the CT600 rather than the income from my P60? I'm pretty sure I got this wrong the last time I applied for hubsters FLR, and just put in the P60 figure. This wasn't an issue clearly, but I'd rather not provoke the Home Office by doing it twice!

Many thanks for any reassurances

Old Feb 10th 2020, 11:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Company Director Income ILR Application Spouse Visa

Is your husband in salaried income with a third party or are you both solely self-employed through your own company?
Old Feb 10th 2020, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

elonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond reputeelonii has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replying Brit In Paris, your time is much appreciated. My husband is paid a salary from the company, plus 50% of the dividends. He also has another part time business on the side that generates pocket money.

My share of salary and dividend is more than covering the requirement. Last time I only submitted proof of my income as I think I'd read in the notes to only submit as much as you needed to qualify. Is this still the case?
Old Feb 11th 2020, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

In case it helps anyone else, I'm going to answer this question myself. I had a further trawl through the supporting documents and I now realise this is the relevant bit of guidance:-

Firstly:-
Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement August 2017609. Self-employment or Director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK 9.1. Category F: Last full financial year 9.1.1. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permissionto work) is in self-employment, or is either the director or employee (or both) of a specified limited company in the UK, at the date of application, they can use income from the last full financial year to meet the financial requirement.
Then the clarification for my own situation:-
9.3.2. For those employed as a director or other employee (or both) of a specified limited company in the UK, the relevant financial year(s) will be that covered by the Company Tax Return CT600 and corresponds to the 12-month accounting year of the company

So if you're a company director, you have to work out your salary and dividends drawn during the company tax year, then show your workings by submitting company accounts, all your pay slips, dividend vouchers, business bank statements showing money going out, personal bank statments showing money going in. You then need to also prove you are still in employment as a company director since your tax year end.