Child benefit in spouse's name

Old Oct 24th 2019, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light
Default Child benefit in spouse's name

Hi,

I currently receive child benefit in my name for our three-year-old son. I am a British national. As I work full time I do not need the NI contributions I get with this child benefit. Can I therefore reapply for the child benefits in my wife's name so that she can accrue the NI credits to get a pension at 65? She is currently here in the UK on a settlement visa. She has an NI number but does not work, and she has been in the country for longer than three months.

Will this affect our future application for further leave to remain/ indefinite leave to remain if I apply for child benefit in her name?

Thanks,

Mark
Old Oct 25th 2019, 12:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child benefit in spouse's name

Originally Posted by mark_sheffield
Hi,

I currently receive child benefit in my name for our three-year-old son. I am a British national. As I work full time I do not need the NI contributions I get with this child benefit. Can I therefore reapply for the child benefits in my wife's name so that she can accrue the NI credits to get a pension at 65? She is currently here in the UK on a settlement visa. She has an NI number but does not work, and she has been in the country for longer than three months.

Will this affect our future application for further leave to remain/ indefinite leave to remain if I apply for child benefit in her name?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi Mark. Your wife can't apply in her name while she has the No Recourse To Public Funds condition on her visa/s.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Mark. Your wife can't apply in her name while she has the No Recourse To Public Funds condition on her visa/s.

Thanks for the reply
Old Oct 28th 2019, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

rjh31 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can actually transfer them to your Spouse...

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...urance-credits
Old Oct 29th 2019, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rjh31
You can actually transfer them to your Spouse...

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...urance-credits
Does this have to be done in five year's time when she's got her British passport?

Thanks,

Mark