Caught in red tape any advice welcome please!

Old Jan 28th 2019, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Bakingmad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Caught in red tape any advice welcome please!

Hi, l hope someone can help. I am a British Citizen married and living with my American husband in the States for the past four years. We want to retire to the U.K..
We applied for a settlement visa for my husband. Long story short, it was refused because they said we didn’t send financial appendix 2. And they don’t believe we have a ‘mutually loving and supportive relationship’ (highly insulting, to a very happily married couple!).
However, we did send in Appendix 2 - they actually returned it to us with all our other documents. So someone didn’t do their job properly.
As for the relationship we sent joint bank accounts and tax returns etc. l must admit l hadn’t realized we had to prove we had a happy relationship! I thought evidence that it was genuine should have been sufficient. But then who knows what other documents they didn’t see?
We have appealed but know this could take many months. I have made an official complaint but received no response (20 days ago now).
We are a genuine couple with ample means of support. They have no reason to refuse us, but we are now caught in red tape. Meanwhile our precious retirement time is being eaten into and l have seriously ill family in the U.K. l need to see.
l have tried to request an administrative review but can’t find how to do it from outside the U.K. and it is past 28 days now.
Does anyone know where we can go from here? We could reapply, but paying another $3000 when we don’t even know if someone will lose our documents again seems pretty unfair.
l would truly appreciate any help because we simply seem to be unable to speak to anyone and this whole thing must surely be a misunderstanding. Thank you for your help.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 5:17 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caught in red tape any advice welcome please!

Can you provide a scan of your refusal letter, with any personal identifiers removed?