Cash Saving Route - Evidence Check

Old May 15th 2018, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

warrencoles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cash Saving Route - Evidence Check

So my savings are split over a TWD dollar account and a GBP pound account - Apparently that is OK. The issue is that the bank we choose has some odd ways of giving statements with the following results:

The six month statement they gave is just the deposits and withdrawals over the previous six months and as there were none it is not immediately obviously when the 20K GBP was deposited in the account. They did stamp this. After much back and forth they eventually agreed to write a letter to confirm the length of time the money was in the account and they signed it and put it on their headed paper. Will this be sufficient? Thanks, Warren
Old May 15th 2018, 10:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cash Saving Route - Evidence Check

When was the £20,000 deposited in the account? Is it possible to get an older bank statement to show that the amount has not changed since it was deposited including the last six months? Is this account in the UK or Taiwan?
Old May 16th 2018, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

The 20K was deposited a couple of years ago. There in lies the problem. If we wanted a statement covering a longer period they would only give it to us with the Chinese name on it, rendering it useless.

Anyway in the end they did write a letter confirming when the 20K was deposited and stamped the letter. I am wondering if this is sufficient?
Old May 16th 2018, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

The below would suggest a letter is possible but I am not a lawyer:

(aa) Where a bank statement is specified in this Appendix, a building society statement, a building society pass book, a letter from the applicant’s bank or building society, or a letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority or, for overseas accounts, the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which the institution operates and the funds are located, may be submitted as an alternative to a bank statement(s) provided that:
  1. (1) the requirements in paragraph 1(a)(i)-(iv) are met as if the document were a bank statement; and
  2. (2) a building society pass book must clearly show:
    1. (i) the account number;
    2. (ii) the building society’s name and logo; and
    3. (iii) the information required on transactions, funds held and time period(s) or as otherwise specified in this Appendix in relation to bank statements; and/or
  3. (3) a letter must be on the headed stationery of the bank, building society or other financial institution and must clearly show:
    1. (i) the account number,
    2. (ii) the date of the letter;
    3. (iii) the financial institution’s name and logo; and
    4. (iv) the information required on transactions, funds held and time period(s) or as otherwise specified in this Appendix in relation to bank statements.
Old May 22nd 2018, 10:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Providing the letter meets all the requirements set out in section 3 then yes, that's fine.