Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Can anyone confirm is a child of 8 has to attend a Biometric appointment for ILR?

Can anyone confirm is a child of 8 has to attend a Biometric appointment for ILR?

Old Mar 31st 2015, 4:58 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all
Default Can anyone confirm is a child of 8 has to attend a Biometric appointment for ILR?

I meant - Initial Entry Clearance:

I ask because on the .Gov FAQ, one of the questions ask "why has my child under 18 been required to attend a biometric appointment" and the answer states "you may have entered the wrong year of birth"/

So from that I inferred that my step-daughter, who is 9, wouldn't need one.

But now, I have found on another part of the uk gov site that a rule for Under 5's not requiring an appointment has now been removed - which tells me that having an appointments was always required for an 8 year old - but only photo - not fingerprints.

So somewhat confused.

Last edited by Pipmeister; Mar 31st 2015 at 5:06 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 10:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone confirm is a child of 8 has to attend a Biometric appointment for ILR?

It appears that children do now need to enrol their biometrics, i.e. fingerprints, if they're aged six or over and applying from within the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residen.../personal-data
Old Apr 1st 2015, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone confirm is a child of 8 has to attend a Biometric appointment for ILR?

Originally Posted by Pipmeister
I meant - Initial Entry Clearance:

I ask because on the .Gov FAQ, one of the questions ask "why has my child under 18 been required to attend a biometric appointment" and the answer states "you may have entered the wrong year of birth"/

So from that I inferred that my step-daughter, who is 9, wouldn't need one.

But now, I have found on another part of the uk gov site that a rule for Under 5's not requiring an appointment has now been removed - which tells me that having an appointments was always required for an 8 year old - but only photo - not fingerprints.

So somewhat confused.
If you are a British Citizen(father)are your children holders of a Uk passport, if so why would they need to apply?
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 3:26 pm
Goooner!

Pipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to allPipmeister is a name known to all

Hi Mike, no, as she is my step-daughter, she is my wife's daughter and so a US citizen.

Oh well, she will enjoy having her fingerprints taken - I'll just tell her its for Agents of Shield.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 3:27 pm
Goooner!

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It appears that children do now need to enrol their biometrics, i.e. fingerprints, if they're aged six or over and applying from within the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residen.../personal-data
Did you mean applying from outside the UK?
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 7:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pipmeister
Did you mean applying from outside the UK?
Oops, yes, I did!