C1 British passport application, HELP.

Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

scottylans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: C1 British passport application, HELP.

Originally Posted by louie
You don't need to have been born in the UK to get a British birth certificate - see here

Hi Louie,

I've found TWO alternative versions of the C7 notes though which drop the UK birth certificate terminology,........ so I'm not sure if it was perhaps a mistake at one point in the notes?

Also from that page.
Consular birth registrations are not required to register your child as a British citizen or to apply for a British passport as British nationality is passed from parent to child.
So I guess I don't need it?
Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

One other thing.

I've 'unlocked' the PDF file and I'm using graphic editing software to fill it in.
I have _awful_ handwriting and it physically hurts to do it (I'm a leftie to boot) so it smudges everywhere.
I'm filling it in, in black and the document does say.
"(and use ink and capital leters, if handwriting)"

I'll assume the 'if handwriting' means electronically filling it out - then signing it is ok?
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Question 4: as this is your first British passport application, it looks like you need to answer "no" and go to section 6.
That's the thing though, it's a bit ambiguous - it makes it sound like 'any' travel document. Like an Aussie one would have some relevance.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Ok guys and girls, sorry to bombard the thread, I was damned close to being done but I've hit a snag.
Whilst googling for the notes mentioned at the end of the document I have come across this file.
http://www.travisa.com/UK/c1new.pdf

It has a better layout and more sensible wording, I would speculate it's a newer version of the document but I just can't tell what the official one should be, sigh.

Any ideas if that one is the latest? It's certainly less ambiguous on the 2 particular questions I had trouble with.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottylans
One other thing.

I've 'unlocked' the PDF file and I'm using graphic editing software to fill it in.
I have _awful_ handwriting and it physically hurts to do it (I'm a leftie to boot) so it smudges everywhere.
I'm filling it in, in black and the document does say.
"(and use ink and capital leters, if handwriting)"

I'll assume the 'if handwriting' means electronically filling it out - then signing it is ok?
I wouldn't do that. THey have it locked for a reason. I unlocked it and typed it up (so it was neater and easier) and they sent it back to me saying I had to fill it out by hand and they wouldn't accept it "unlocked" as other details could have been changed.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Damn, that's really annoying, my handwriting is nothing short of awful and it really hurts my bloody hand.
Well, at least I know - I will re-do it.

I've gone through all the photos, paperwork and checklist tonight and I think I'm finally ready to organise this thing. I've ordered the 2 birth certificates from the UK, the countersignature is the only challenge (I've lived here 32 years but I'm not sure I know anyone who fits the bill)
Old May 1st 2010, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guys and girls, sorry to bombard the thread, I was damned close to being done but I've hit a snag.
Whilst googling for the notes mentioned at the end of the document I have come across this file.
http://www.travisa.com/UK/c1new.pdf

It has a better layout and more sensible wording, I would speculate it's a newer version of the document but I just can't tell what the official one should be, sigh.

Any ideas if that one is the latest? It's certainly less ambiguous on the 2 particular questions I had trouble with.
No, it's a very old one - if you look at the properties of the pdf file, it says 2001. You should only use the form currently on the official website.
Old May 1st 2010, 3:42 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, that's really annoying, my handwriting is nothing short of awful and it really hurts my bloody hand.

I've gone through all the photos, paperwork and checklist tonight and I think I'm finally ready to organise this thing. I've ordered the 2 birth certificates from the UK, the countersignature is the only challenge (I've lived here 32 years but I'm not sure I know anyone who fits the bill)
Counter signatory we used one of my sons school teachers one time and a friends husband who is a probation officer on another.
Or ask your Doctor ours was willing to sign when I asked.
Old May 1st 2010, 6:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you are in Australia, use a JP. Even if they don't know you, they can sign in an official capacity. See JAJ's article in the Wiki - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ports_overseas (also much discussed in the Aussie forum)
Old May 1st 2010, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

JP = Justice of the Peace?
Do I need to provide said JP with some other kind of information? Police record or something?

I'm surprised the British don't want my police record either to be honest.
Old May 1st 2010, 10:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

JP = Justice of the Peace?
Do I need to provide said JP with some other kind of information? Police record or something?

Yep, Justice of the Peace - most Aussie shopping centres have one or two that will do signing sessions every week or so. If you're near a mall, i'd ask at the info desk. They just need to verify your identity usually, so take driving licence, Aussie passport if you have one, brith cert, that kind of thing. Nothing to do with police records, they are just going to sign to say that you're the person filling in and submitting the form, and while they haven't known you X years, their official capacity as a JP allows them to sign anyway.

Also try the Yellow Pages - may well be a listing in there
Old May 1st 2010, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Hopefully this helps someone else.
http://www.rvahj.org.au/findjp.wtml?location=3121#
I found that website, lets you run a search for them.
Old May 1st 2010, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

If you're a British Citizen then you're entitled to a British passport, regardless of your Police History, the same with Aussie citizens and their passport, or any country. Police records only become important for things like applying for Visas etc.

As a British Citizen, you can't be refused entry to the UK (as long as you have proof of citizenship ie: passport) no matter what your police record is like.
Old May 2nd 2010, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Oh thank god for that!
Just kidding.
Well thanks for all the help, so far I think I have enough information to get the passport. I should've done this years ago
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Hi to all (again)

Thanks for the help previously, the Brits have /finally/ come through with both my parents original birth certificates.
I'm leaving for London in only 3 weeks from now, so I figure applying for a British passport in this amount of time is pretty much impossible.
I have an Aussie passport already so I'm fine for my holiday, the question is - as I'm in the UK for about 4 weeks, is there any way I should apply over there and what are the odds of it being done in the 4 weeks I'm there.

Would they ship it to my temporary address in the UK or would they want to send it back to my Aussie address?
I'm going to guess it would be much quicker to apply for one over there, wouldn't it or should I just wait until I get back?

Thoughts?
(thank you)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.