British passport for an Australian citizen

Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

clarence_quack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British passport for an Australian citizen

Hi all

My parents have been living in Australia for a while now, I was born while they were officially Australian citizens. I now want to move back to the UK, and am looking into getting a British passport.

I can apply through either parent, however I'm unsure if it matters that they were classified as Australian when I was born, even though they were both born in the UK.

Anyone have any ideas?!
Old Dec 14th 2010, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British passport for an Australian citizen

Are your parents British citizens? You mentioned they were born in the UK, but didn't mention their nationality.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:30 am
Just Joined

clarence_quack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British passport for an Australian citizen

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Are your parents British citizens? You mentioned they were born in the UK, but didn't mention their nationality.
Resolved it thank you.

I spoke to the embassy today, apparently they're both still British citizens even though they gained Australian Citizenship as kids. Confusing system, but at least I get my passport!