British citizenship Registration

Old Dec 6th 2022, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

beautiful_mind is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face British citizenship Registration

We are applying to register children as British under 3(5) of BNA.

Please advise on what kinds of proof we should provide to evidence our 3 year residence in the UK?

And do I have to evidence my residence only, or for my wife and kids as well? I am the British sponsor.

Near to the 3 year mark and freaking out! I can't find any HO guidance for this. BiP and senior members, please advise, thank you!
Old Dec 7th 2022, 10:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizenship Registration

You have to provide evidence of residence for the child applying to be registered and both parents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...sion#documents

How old are your children? Which visas have they and your wife held since coming to the UK to live?
Old Dec 8th 2022, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You have to provide evidence of residence for the child applying to be registered and both parents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...sion#documents

How old are your children? Which visas have they and your wife held since coming to the UK to live?
Hi BiP,

my children are in the UK on spouse visa, got their FLR(m) a few months ago. They are 7 and 8 years old.

I am having a really tough time finding a property solicitor who can deal with the matter. Please advise what evidence is acceptable to evidence residency? I can provide bank statements. How many documents would be sufficient?

would be very grateful for your input, thanks again
Old Dec 8th 2022, 11:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beautiful_mind
Hi BiP,

my children are in the UK on spouse visa, got their FLR(m) a few months ago. They are 7 and 8 years old.

I am having a really tough time finding a property solicitor who can deal with the matter. Please advise what evidence is acceptable to evidence residency? I can provide bank statements. How many documents would be sufficient?

would be very grateful for your input, thanks again
I'm not sure why a property solicitor would be needed?

Have a good read of the link BiP provided. As well as the stated documents, you also need to provide evidence that you, your wife and your children have been resident (living in) the UK for the past 3 years.

Examples of these documents are
Tenancy agreements
Council tax letters
Contracts of employment
Tax documents
Letters from government organisations any of you have interacted with, such as the NHS
Utility bills
School records for the children
Vaccination records
Insurance documents (for example, vehicle insurance)

Anything from a verifiable source that demonstrates that you and your family have been living in the UK for the past 3 years.
Old Dec 9th 2022, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm not sure why a property solicitor would be needed?

Have a good read of the link BiP provided. As well as the stated documents, you also need to provide evidence that you, your wife and your children have been resident (living in) the UK for the past 3 years.

Examples of these documents are
Tenancy agreements
Council tax letters
Contracts of employment
Tax documents
Letters from government organisations any of you have interacted with, such as the NHS
Utility bills
School records for the children
Vaccination records
Insurance documents (for example, vehicle insurance)

Anything from a verifiable source that demonstrates that you and your family have been living in the UK for the past 3 years.
Thanks spouseofscouse; that was very helpful indeed.

So I can use the cohabitation docs used for our FLR (M), just have to cover a 3 year period. Thanks

I found the following Home office guidance for continuous residence documents, can either you or BiP confirm if this is actually what is required? Many thanks

Annex A: documentary evidence of continuous residence in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Last edited by beautiful_mind; Dec 9th 2022 at 7:53 pm.