British Citizenship by Double Descent & Crown Service

Old Aug 23rd 2018, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Sallytriplet3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Citizenship by Double Descent & Crown Service

Hi all could anyone please help me with some information, we currently live in South Africa, but wish to move to the UK
My husband born in SA 1974
His father born in Egypt in 1946, he holds a British Passport.
Husbands grandfather born in Uk in 1919
Grandfather was in Egypt as a flight lieutenant in WW2 when father was born, Egypt was a British Colony however a treaty was signed in 1937/9 giving Egypt independence however it allowed Britain to still stay in Egypt to protect the Suez Canal and to train the Egyptian Army etc so in theory the treaty was still in place until 1949 when Britain was asked to leave Egypt and it was only in 1953/4 that all British Forces where completely out.
Would my husband qualify for a British Passport/Citizenship through Double Descent & Crown Service or would he have to go the ancestral visa route
Thanks for any info, much appreciated
Old Aug 27th 2018, 1:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Citizenship by Double Descent & Crown Service

Your husband's grandfather's Crown service won't help him as he was born before 1983 but his father's birth in Egypt in 1946 and/or his birth in South Africa in 1974 should be sufficient for him to be eligible for British citizenship.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

jwwp is an unknown quantity at this point

My grandfather was in the Shanghai municipal police. He was recruited in the UK and then left for China. Does anyone know if this was a crown service?
Old Jan 7th 2019, 12:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwwp
My grandfather was in the Shanghai municipal police. He was recruited in the UK and then left for China. Does anyone know if this was a crown service?
I’ve not heard of it being counted as such. Can you give some more details regarding your background?