British Citizens & B visas - anyone out there...

Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:13 pm
GLB
Just Joined

GLB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Citizens & B visas - anyone out there...

Is there any British citizens on here that are either in the US on a B-2 visa, in the midst of applying or have been refused of late...

I want to get an understanding of the process and qualifying criteria..
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Citizens & B visas - anyone out there...

I was refused one.

If you are retired, unmarried but accompanying a partner on a work visa or do not otherwise qualify to use the VWP seems best bet.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:34 pm
GLB
Just Joined

GLB is an unknown quantity at this point

What circumstances are needed to qualify then?
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GLB
As Boiler said:

1. You are retired; or
2. You are unmarried but accompanying a partner on a work visa; or
3. You do not otherwise qualify to use the VWP.

Rene
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I got one a couple of years ago, although I'm Australian, not British.

I wanted to be there for training on behalf of my company - they gave me a letter that I would be back, had a lease, company supporting all expenses as well as medical insurance. Was stress free as far as I recall, and never had any trouble going in and out.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 9:14 am
Banned

sillyestaquestions is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the way things are going we will find out in a couple of years when we have been kicked off the VWP. We are seeing a lot of people with no previous convictions getting records these days, sad but true

If u can use the VWP u probably wont get one that is pretty much the criteria. Oh and if u have been in jail forget about it. That is the criteria

Old Nov 6th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a couple of friends who are on B visas...both accompanying working partners over here.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lisa67
I have a couple of friends who are on B visas...both accompanying working partners over here.
I am not sure if this applies only to german passports.

We get a temporary passport when we apply for a new document.

This temporary passport is nor machine readable and will qualify you 100 %

for a B-visa.

I wonder if you have the same process when you are applying for a british passport.

Kind regards
CCR
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crosscountryrider
I am not sure if this applies only to german passports.

We get a temporary passport when we apply for a new document.

This temporary passport is nor machine readable and will qualify you 100 %

for a B-visa.

I wonder if you have the same process when you are applying for a british passport.

Kind regards
CCR
I'm not understanding what this has to do with the OP's question.

The OP wants to know about getting a B-2 visa to visit the USA. Nothing to do with applying for a British passport.

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm not understanding what this has to do with the OP's question.

The OP wants to know about getting a B-2 visa to visit the USA. Nothing to do with applying for a British passport.

Rene
If he declares his passport as lost and applies for new one and Uk has the same process in place he will get a B-visa for 10 years.

And this can be transferered to the new passport

But I don't know the UK application process.

It's just a backdoor but it works 100 %

CCR
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:54 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

If he declares his passport as lost and applies for new one and Uk has the same process in place he will get a B-visa for 10 years.

CCR
100% for what?
He should "lose" his passport so that he can get a 10 year B visa because his temporary passport is not machine readable?
DH's replacement UK passport went straight to machine readable; no temporary pp.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:54 pm

CCR
I see. But he would have to lie about declaring his passport lost, right? And that's probably not a good idea.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I see. But he would have to lie about declaring his passport lost, right? And that's probably not a good idea.
As I said I don't know how this works in UK. In Germany or german embassy you don't need to sign a notarized statement that you lost your passport .

So there are no implications it just cost some money. Also if you passport is unreadable (dirty) or full of stamps you can get a new one.

BTW if your passport is dirty or unreadable for some other reasons you may get a B-Visa.
I am not sure if the embassy can force you to get a new passport before expiry date.

Last edited by crosscountryrider; Nov 6th 2009 at 4:02 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

bjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by GLB
Get yourself arrested for a non CIMT and apply on the grounds of an arrest.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:42 am
Banned

sillyestaquestions is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bjohn
Get yourself arrested for a non CIMT and apply on the grounds of an arrest.
That might be bad advice Bjohn virtually all offences are CIMT and besides it is not entirely clear wether or not a simple arrest does mean u cant use VWP there is debate about that. It also gets the OPs dna on file for life irrelevent of what an EU court ruling says.

Can I ask Bjohn how did ur visa application work out after your arrest I read a couple of your first posts but not all of them